Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Demon and the Mermaid

Ilmryn Xiltyn slowly makes his way out of the caverns as as he moves outward, his body changes into a body that will appeal to the mermaid's senses.

Ilmryn Xiltyn: Flesh becomes scales and fins push out of his Drow flesh. As he reaches the bank of the sea, he dives in and rolling and swirling gracefully in the water, he searches for the Mermaid.

Xella Steward relaxes at the waterfall, the sound helping her relax.

Ilmryn Xiltyn: Even in this form, he leaned into the walls, hid in the darkness as his lithe body spiraled through the sea. Not finding her, he turns into one of the rivers, careful to stay low in the water so as not be to be seen.

Ilmryn Xiltyn: He flicked his tongue in and out as he swam faster and faster, turning into the large cold lake that lay in the mountains. His mouth twitched as he sensed her and moved closer.

Ilmryn Xiltyn: As he neared her, he surfaced in a large growth of cattails and cutting his eyes to her, he watched.

Xella Steward lays in the sunlight, relaxed and full for the first time in weeks.

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "She is alone," he mumbled to himself and swam closer until she would surely see him. He dug his hands into the rock and lingered in the water as he made a flapping sound in the water with his legs to get her attention.

The Demon and the Mermaid

Xella Steward looks to the water and sees the man swimming.

Xella Steward: "Tala sir.....Drow?"

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Greetings, Jalil," he says softly, shaking the water from his hair.

Xella Steward laughs softly.

Xella Steward had tilts "Jalil? I think you may be mistaken."

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Do I disturb, Jalil?" he says with a chuckle. "Jalil is a Drowish word. It means.... lady."

Xella Steward smiles blushing slightly "You are not disturbing me,"

Xella Steward pats the rock beside her.

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "May I.....May I join you on the rocks then?" and when she touches the rock, suggesting he join her, he swims to the edge of the rock and pulls himself up to sit near to her.

The Demon and the Mermaid

Xella Steward smiles at him warmly "Do you go swimming often sir?"

Ilmryn Xiltyn shakes his head and drops of water splatter from his thick wet hair down his body, "Not so often, no, Jalil. But, I have seen you often and wanted to... introduce myself."

Xella Steward looks at him smiling.

Xella Steward uses her power to help him dry off, all the water he gathered draining back to the lake.

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Tell me about yourself, Jalil? I have a... curiosity," he says with the sweetest of smiles.

Xella Steward: "I am Xella..........the siren."

Xella Steward looks at him eyes glazed slightly.

Xella Steward: "What do you wish to know sir?"

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Well nothing in particular," he says running his tongue over his teeth. "Something simple, maybe. Where do you... live in these lands?

Xella Steward: "I have a house just outside the castle."

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Castle?" and his eyes widen. He points upward toward the mountain, "The elven castle?"

Xella Steward smiles and nods "Imake the King sticky buns!"

Xella Steward digs a plate out of her waterproof bag, "Want one?"

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "You know the Dru...er king?" he asks the words pouring out slowly as a smile creases his lips. "How exciting that must be. Tell me about .... this king?"

Xella Steward: "King jaekob, the druid king."

Xella Steward: "He is one the best man I know."

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Yes ummm I have heard wonderful stories about his .....well how kind he is," the demon says softly, licking at his lips

Xella Steward smiles at him seeing him licking his lips, "Do you wish for a sticky bun?"

Ilmryn Xiltyn nods and reaches for one of the pastries as his stomach grumbles at the human food. But he takes one and takes a small bite, "Now about the Druid?"

Xella Steward smiles and looks at the Drow, thinking he seems nice "Well, he is a powerful Druid. I know that, recently he helped take down a Demon."

Ilmryn Xiltyn cocks his head and lets out a low growl, not loud enough for her to hear surely. "Take down a Demon? Tell me all about it."

Xella Steward head tilts and tries to remember.

Xella Steward: "Um......Him and Fit, another druid went in, apparently there was a hidden cave."

Xella Steward: "He called on the elements."

Xella Steward folds arms and thinks.

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "And why? was the....Demon doing something wrong?" Then he shakes his head with a bit of a smirk, "I did not know Demons were... REAL."

Xella Steward looks at him and smiles "apparently they are. I still wonder if its not some other being. Mer are called demons all the time, so maybe he is simply something we don't understand."

Xella Steward: "As for what he did, he took Kat, one the few humans I like."

Ilmryn Xiltyn nods and licks his lips slowly, "You may have something there. Maybe they just don't understand him. Maybe he is not so BAD really?"

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Maybe a lover's spat," he chides. "Perhaps, he was more the victim than she was? Is that possible?"

Xella Steward head tilts.

Xella Steward looks at him "What about you sir? You never told me your name," smiles at him warmly.

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Oh, I am called Ilmryn, Jalil but my friends call me Ryn," he says with a gentle smile knowing he has no friends.

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "And what are you called?"

Xella Steward smiles "I'm Xella, friends call me.........Xella," she looks at him. "May I have the honor of being able to call you Ryn?"

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Umm well, of course," he croons leaning in a bit closer. "I do hope we become.... good friends, Jalil."

Xella Steward smiles "Then please call me Xella, being called lady in any language feels odd."

Ilmryn Xiltyn nods and says her name softly, letting it roll off his tongue, "Xella. As you wish, Xella."

Xella Steward smiles, then eyes widen "Being a Drow, does not the sun hurt?"

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "As you can see, I am staying in the shade as much as possible. But, yes, the sun is not so very kind to me, Ja... er Xella."

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "So where is your friend? the one who was rescued from the... Demon," he asks softly.

Xella Steward sighs softly "King Jae sent her away, somewhere she would be safe."

Xella Steward: "But didn't tell us where. I think fit knows."

Xella Steward: "But she is not telling."

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Fit? Who is this Fit?"

Xella Steward: "Ah! the female druid that helped save Kat."

Xella Steward: "I always mess up her full name, so I call her Fit."

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Ah. And does she live in the castle as well?"

Xella Steward: "I think she lives somewhere in the forest."

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Are there... lots of elves in the mountains? I mean do you feel safe there?"

Xella Steward head tilts......."I honestly don't know, I stick more to the rivers and the sea."

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "... And I hear there is a Mage. Does she live in the mountains too?"

Xella Steward: "You mean Wicced? She was just named High Wizard," smiles at him. "She lives nearish River City."

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Oh yes, I suppose that is the one I mean," he says softly having not even know if there was a Mage.

Xella Steward smiles and stretches,

Ilmryn Xiltyn: "Perhaps, we can meet again soon," he says letting his eyes catch hers. "And you can tell me all the gossip you hear."

Xella Steward looks into his eyes, and nods "What are friends for Ryn!"

Ilmryn Xiltyn bites his lip hard and nods and rises going to the rocks edge, "Then I will see you soon Xella," he says as he dives into the lake and swims away.

Xella Steward sees him swim away, then goes back to sunbathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment