Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Aldina Visits Kathena in the Infirmary

Aldina Gratly walks to to the gates of Calenhad and tells the guard that she has come to see Kat.

Kathena Mavendorf lays unconscious on the bed, burning hot with fever.

Aldina Gratly hesitates at the door, not knowing what she will find.

Aldina Gratly enters the door and looks around.

Aldina Gratly looks at Kat and covers her mouth, "Oh my! poor thing!"

Aldina Gratly tears come to my eyes.

Aldina and Kathena

Aldina Gratly takes her hand: it is so hot, she is burning up with fever, "Poor darling Kat. I don't know if you can hear me or not, but you have to fight the demon within you. I am waiting  for that cup of tea I never got." smiles down at her .

Aldina Gratly  "You know the druid took this very hard. With all his powers,  he can do nothing, But you know what I think?  With the power of three mages, it might be possible to get this out of you."

Aldina Gratly "I think if we had found you sooner you would've been okay."


Aldina Gratly "Me and Xella tried...we found the caverns but saw no sign of you."

Kathena Mavendorf though unconscious she moans slightly at the mention of the demon, but then relaxes a bit hearing about the Druid and the Mages. Her dreams keep her from waking as the poison burns through her body.

Aldina Gratly kneels down, "You have to fight, I know you can. fight it! fight it!"

Aldina Gratly "Please," starts crying softly. "Xella and I miss you so much."

Aldina Gratly "I know its hard. I wonder what you would you do in my place."

Aldina Gratly "I would offer myself to the demon ...if he would but take this away."

Kathena Mavendorf deep down is listening and trying hard not to give into the powers of the dark. Though her body is broken and in pain, her spirit continues to hold on.

Aldina Gratly takes a few herbs out of her pouch,  "You need this tea. You are not eating I see."

Aldina Gratly blends the willow bark with chamomile and spoon feeds it into her mouth.

Aldina Gratly gets a cold cloth and washes down her body.

Aldina Gratly "Oh, I will get ice."

Aldina Gratly puts it on her body and watches it melt instantly.

Aldina Gratly slowly takes her hand and holds it between  leaves for a few minutes and comes back with a bowl of ice and shakes her head. and whispers, "Fight it!"

Aldina Gratly slowly takes her hand and holds it between mine, "Please angels! Give what strength you can to Kat." She kisses her n the forehead and whispers, "Goodbye. I will come again."

Aldina Gratly leaves the room with a heavy heart and wonders why nobody sits with her to attend her needs. She sighs.

Aldina Gratly slowly walks home,

Aldina Gratly sits by my fire meditating on what to do for Kat. She  screams into the forest, "I CAN DO NOTHING."

1 comment: