Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fitheach Talks to Xella about the Demon

 Fitheach Eun searches for the mermaid near the waterfall.

Xella Steward smiles as she sees the pale elf.

 Fitheach Eun: She knows that spot is one of her favorite haunts.

 Fitheach Eun spots her friend in the water and waves.

  Xella Steward waves back happily.

 Xella Steward flops onto the land.

Fitheach Eun: "How are you, Xella; I have not seen you in some days?"

 Xella Steward: "I am......troubled......."

 Xella Steward smiles at her softly,

Fitheach Eun: "Troubled?"

 Xella Steward nods and sighs

Fitheach Eun walks closer, "What troubles you, my friend?"

Xella Steward: "Dina,"

 Fitheach Eun: "Dina? But I thought you were such great friends?"

 Xella Steward: "She insists that my new friend Ryn is the demon."

Xella Steward: "And claims I've signed her death warrant."

Fitheach Eun: Ryn; "Who is Ryn?"

Xella Steward: "A good Drow I met."

Xella Steward pats the rock beside her for fit to sit.

Xella and Fitheach

Fitheach Eun: "Good and Drow do not normally go in the same sentence."

Xella Steward smiles, "There are exceptions to every rule."

Fitheach Eun: "Well that is certainly possible," she says thinking about the story of Jaek's foster father.

Fitheach Eun: "What makes you think this Ryn is a good Drow?"

Xella Steward: "First off, he has been nothing but kind to me."

Xella Steward: "Second off, he likes sticky buns," she laughs softly.

Fitheach Eun smiles.

Xella Steward: "Just a feeling I get around him, I feel calm and safe."

Fitheach Eun: "That sounds like a good thing."

Xella Steward nods unaware the feeling is due to the demon's power.

Fitheach Eun: "How did a Drow happen to come here?"

Xella Steward head tilts, "You know, he didn't say"

Fitheach Eun: "He didn't? But, perhaps, you talked of other things than why he was here?"

 Xella Steward nods and smiles "We talked about local gosip, and such."

Fitheach Eun: "Ah, what is the current gossip then? I seldom get to hear it."

Xella Steward: "Ah, when I last saw him i told him about the demon looking like a Drow,"

Fitheach Eun: "The demon that Jaek and I rescued Kat from?"

Fitheach Eun: "He looks like a Drow?"

Xella Steward: "And how he should be careful not to be mistaken. I also told him that Jae wished to meet him for tea," she nods.

Xella Steward: "That's what gossip, and Dina......are saying."

Xella Steward face falls when she mentions Dina.

Fitheach Eun: Ah I see; Dina believes your Ryn is the demon Drow?

Xella Steward: "Yes, and its caused a huge rift."

Xella Steward: "She even told Jae about it, even yelling at his Majesty."

Fitheach Eun: "Oh dear...that is bad of her."

Xella Steward nods.

Fitheach Eun: "So I gather you think it impossible that Ryn is what Dina says he is?"

Fitheach Eun: "And the Druid was comfortable enough to have him over for tea?"

Xella Steward nods "You know, I wonder if the real demon hasn't gotten to Dina, making her spread lies. And, yes, he was."

Fitheach Eun: "Demons can have many effects on people; they can usually create the illusion they want to be seen."

Fitheach Eun: "Perhaps he has affected Dina."

 Xella Steward sighs and nods "She has been acting so odd, even wishing to lock me up."

Xella Steward looks at Fit, true worry for Dina in her eyes.

Fitheach Eun: "Lock you up?"

Xella Steward: "She says I'm a danger."

Xella Steward laughs with little humor.

Fitheach Eun: "From this Ryn? But you said he was kind to you and he is here alone?"

Xella Steward: "I know."

Xella Steward: "That is why I think she is acting odd."

Fitheach Eun: "It does seem odd, but surely she has your welfare at heart; she is a good friend."

Xella Steward: "But, if the demon got her?"

Fitheach Eun: "Hmmm, well there is that."

Xella Steward: "I know Dina, we've gotten into enough trouble together for that, and I say she is different."

Fitheach Eun: "I cannot believe she would betray you, though; she really cares for you."

Xella Steward: "I know."

Xella Steward: "Worst thing, she accuses me of betraying her."

Fitheach Eun: "She does? Why?"

Xella Steward: "Says i stood there while the demon choked her."

Fitheach Eun: "I cannot believe you would do this?"

Xella Steward: "When I know that the day she claims this happened I took her to the waterfall to help her get over a hangover."

Xella Steward sighs.

Fitheach Eun: "And what happened?"

Xella Steward: "We where at the tavern, she had a headache, so I thought we would come to the falls."

Xella Steward: "We sat here and her headache went away, and returned to the tavern."

Fitheach Eun: "But, she says during that time the demon choked her while you watched?"

 Xella Steward nods, "Yes. But, only a week after."

Fitheach Eun: "Really; that is very strange... you should make up with her, Xella; she is a good friend to you. Perhaps she needs help now?"

Xella Steward: "I tried......just a few days ago."

 Xella Steward sighs, "She refused to listen."

Fitheach Eun: "Perhaps, if you do not bring up the Drow?"

Xella Steward: "I'll try that next time."

Fitheach Eun:" I hope that works for you."

Xella Steward nods

Fitheach Eun: "I had better go find Jaek; we need to plan some ummm hunting."

Xella Steward nods, "Take care Fit."

Fitheach Eun: "Fair winds to you, my friend."

Xella Steward looks up at the stars and smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment