Sunday, April 12, 2015

Contessa and Jaekob Talk about Clerics

Contessa Lacombe looks for the Druid and spies him in the garden.

Jaekob Faolan glances toward the heavy iron gates into the garden and a smile curls onto his lips, "Suilad, my dear. How wonderful to see."

Contessa Lacombe: "Greetings Jaek."

Contessa Lacombe smiles, "May I sit with you?"


Tessa and Jaekob in the Garden in Calenhad

Contessa Lacombe: "I have worked hard all day and I think I've found all of the herbs you asked me to gather."

Jaekob Faolan chews on his lips, "It is so serene here, if for only a moment,* he starts. "Ah, you found them all?"

Contessa Lacombe empties bag to show him her findings.

Contessa Lacombe: "I think the mandrake was the most difficult to find."

Jaekob Faolan shifts on the small wall he is sitting in and gently touches the herbs, pushing them this way and that with his fingertips. "And do you have knowledge of what this herbs are used for hmmm?" he asks rolling his eyes up to look at her.

Contessa Lacombe: "Well, the mandrake can be poisonous."

Contessa Lacombe: "But, it can also be used as an anesthetic."

Jaekob Faolan nods, still chewing on his lips as he is want to do, "And what of the others?"

Contessa Lacombe: "I suppose if you knew what you were doing with it, it might be useful to induce visions, but I don't think I want to go there."

Contessa Lacombe: "You can use bergamot in some recipes for very delicious teas."

Contessa Lacombe: "But..."

Contessa Lacombe: "It's also good for colds and coughs."

Contessa Lacombe: "Kava can be used to make a sedative tea."

Contessa Lacombe: "I think you must also be very careful with the dosing on that one."

Contessa Lacombe: "Sage has many uses, besides being a culinary herb."

Contessa Lacombe: "You can use it for indigestion."

Contessa Lacombe: "Hmm...not sure what else on that one."

Contessa Lacombe: "The roses....well, I know that you can use the rose hips as part of a tonic."

Contessa Lacombe: "It's good for scurvy."

Jaekob Faolan: "Enough," he chuckles softly. "You have convinced me that you have a good basic knowledge of herbs, my dear."

Jaekob Faolan takes a small scroll from his rucksack, "I was hoping you would return to me soon so I had this ready for you," he says handing her the scroll.

Contessa Lacombe: unrolls scroll.

Contessa Lacombe: "Will we be having these classes next?"

Jaekob Faolan shakes his head, "We will sit soon and talk more of herbs. You have just opened a small window to a big world, my dear. For now, I would like to have you look at the scroll and am sure we will need to sit and discuss some of the things I ask of you. You are now a Cleric Acolyte and when done with these tasks, you will move on to journeyman."

Jaekob Faolan: I have a class on Herbs and Healing I can give you as soon as you have time hmmm

Contessa Lacombe smiles then sighs, looking at the long. list.

Jaekob Faolan bits his lip, smiling at her, "I shan't make your journey an easy one. It will be hard earned and worthwhile, I assure you.


No comments:

Post a Comment