Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Kat’s Interrogation Part 2

Rob returns from the tavern carrying two tankards of ale. Gabe turns his attention to his partner. Seeing the ale, he grins. “Well at least you’re good for something’,” she says with a wide smile on his face. Rob chuckles. “Aye, but only sometimes!” He hands Gabe the ale and takes a look at Kathena, bloody and looking terrified huddled on the floor.


“Looks like you’ve been having all the fun without me, Gabe.” Rob grins at Kathena then gets up close to the bars. “How are ye liking me friend? Do ye prefer his fists or mine?” Rob chuckles and sits down, continuing to drink his ale. Kathena sees an opportunity. “I think I prefer your boss over you.” Her eyes study them both to gage their reaction. Rob stands up with such force and speed that the chair falls over. He rushes to the cage and bangs it with his fists. “He ain’t no boss of me, ye filthy gypsy whore!” Gabe chuckles for a moment then talks loudly at Kathena. “I know I’m more in charge than me partner here, but I don’t claim to be no boss.”


Kathena cowers in the corner, but now looks a bit confused. She looks at them both, “But…I….” She pauses for a moment, looking as if trying to work out where she went wrong. “Then you’re not the one to see about a job then?” She looks up at Gabe with a childlike expression of confusion and disappointment. He grins then gets a bit closer, his eyes very intently locked on hers. “Is that why ye wanted to drug me, huh?” She swallows hard and nods softly, afraid to speak. Gabe bursts into laughter. “I just work for the man! Besides, what could YOU do for him?” He goes to sit back down completely amused with himself. Rob is chuckling along with him.



She speaks meekly, her eyes studying them both. “I…don’t know. I guess…I…well. Maybe if you told me what your boss needs, I could do something.” She pauses for a moment. “I just wanted to earn some coin.” The men look at each other, an untold joke told between them speaking. Rob speaks up this time. “He ain’t got no work for no gypsy!” Kathena looks at him as if hurt by his words, but a bit angered. “How do you know? Did you ask him? Who is this boss anyway?” She finally gets to the real question she needs answered. Kathena waits trying her best not to give herself away. She watches them, careful to keep up the appearance of a woman in distress.


Rob is dismissive of her, while Gabe decides to take over the conversation. “The boss is of no concern to ye woman. Ye’ve got to deal with us here. Don’t ye worry about him.” Kathena knows this is her chance to get the information she needs so she doesn’t hesitate. She grins somewhat defiantly at Gabe. “Oh I get it now. Neither of you fine gents know who he is. Do you?” The men’s faces turn to stone and she can see, she pressed the right button. Gabe stands up and walks up to the cage, unlocking it and stepping inside with her. She presses her body up against the back bars as if trying to create more space between he and her. Gabe walks up to her and grabs her by the throat lifting her up so he can look into her eyes. He squeezes her throat tightly. She tries to pry his hand from her throat without success, and is starting to look panicked as her feet slightly dangle, hardly touching the floor.

“Whether or not I know the big boss is no business of yers. I get me orders and I follow them, and don’t need no woman to question my power. Ye understand? Huh?” Her eyes tear up as she gasps for air. She pleads to him. Barely able to speak she whispers, “Please. Yes. OK. Please.” Gabe holds onto her still, as she struggles to breathe. He grins wickedly as he watches her struggle as a fish out of water, fully enjoying the sensation of power. She tries to scratch at his face, but his arms are too long making it impossible for her to reach him. Light begins to fade from the edges, she feels her body tingle from the lack of air, finally losing consciousness and going limp in his grip.

Gabe grins and lets her body drop to the ground with a thud. Rob yells at him. “What happened to keeping her alive?!” Gabe turns to him and smiles. “She still lives idiot! I just wanted some peace and quiet.” He walks out of the cage and locks it behind him. He motions to Rob. “The hour grows late. Let’s get some food. She’ll be out a few hours at least.” He takes one more look at the woman lying on the ground then grins. “She’s going to have a right nasty headache in the morning.” Both men chuckle and make their way to the inn. Kathena lies completely still, her breathing ragged but strong. She will make it through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment