Friday, May 13, 2016

Kathena's Interrogation Part 1

Kathena lays there, her eyes closed, her body in the same position it has been for over an hour. The only difference now, is that she's awake, but smart enough not to let her captors know. She listens, careful not to change her breathing or make any movements that would give her away.



"I wasn't thinking, Gabe! Relax! What's the big deal anyway? She's just a dirty gypsy," Rob says with a dismissive tone. Gabe is pacing back and forth, looking agitated. "What's the big deal? What's the big DEAL?! Are you crazy?! We need to get answers out of her for the boss and she's passed out on the floor!" Gabe gets in Rob's face and pokes him in the chest with his finger. "I'm not going to take the blame for this. You hear me?!"

Rob shrugs it off, leaning back in the chair, kicking his feet out as if he was lounging by a fire. Kathena knows she won't get more from them unless she plays along, so she moans slightly and opens her eyes as if just now awoken. She gets on her knees then pulls herself up by holding onto the bars. She blinks her eyes trying to get her bearings. "Well, well. Look who's awake." Rob says with a smug grin on his face.

She holds her head, making it look like it hurts more than it does. "No thanks to you, asshole!" Rob jumps up and almost hits her again when Gabe pulls him back. "Rob, go take a walk before I hit YOU," then he pushes him away. Rob looks like he will hit him, but decides better of it and goes to the tavern instead.

Kathena giggles mockingly. "Sorry to get between you two love birds."  Gabe reaches through the bars and grabs her hair and pulls her head back. "Don't think I will be gentle with ye, just because I stopped Rob from hittin' ye again." Kathena looks visibly shaken as Gabe reaches in his other hand and squeezes her neck tightly. "Ye and I are going to have a nice conversation. I will ask you questions and you will answer them. You answer me truthfully and ye will get water and food." He smiles his most charming smile. "If you don't," he lets go of her neck and slaps her across the face hard. The sting of the blow making her face burn. She tastes her own blood. Kathena licks her lower lip and feels the cut.

Kathena looks Gabe in the eyes. Her eyes filled with fresh tears. She trembles slightly in his grip and looks terrified. "Good. I think we understand each other now, don't we?" She stares are him a tear sliding down her face. "I asked you a question woman!" He pulls his hand back to strike her again and she flinches instantly. "Yes! Yes! I understand. Please don't hurt me!" She pleads. Gabe chuckles and releases his grip on her and takes a seat in front of the cage.

"See, now that wasn't that hard. I ask, you answer." He grins a crooked smile as he watches her retreat in the cell, pushing herself up against the back of the cage as if trying to put as much distance as she can from him. He stares at her. His little captive, like a rabbit in a cage. She looks weak, tired, scared and broken and he loves it. It makes him feel strong. He licks his lips as he takes in her form.

"Let's get started, shall we? Now, who sent ye ta kill me? Can't be personal. I don't know ye." He crosses his arms in front of him awaiting her answer. Kathena swallows hard and pulls herself together. "I wasn't trying to kill you! It was a love potion, I swear!" He stares at her as she looks horrified in the back of the cage. He grins as he stands and approaches the cage. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. I thought we agreed to be truthful. It's not nice when ye lie. It gets ye new bruises."

Kathena drops to the ground in the corner and hugs her legs to her chest and hides her face. "Please Gabe! Please! I'm not lying!" She cries, her sobs falling on deaf ears. "I just was going to." She stops talking and tries to control her sobs. Gabe's eye narrow. "Ye were going to what? What were ye going to do, gypsy?" She shakes her head and pushes tighter into the corner like a terrified little animal caught in a trap.

"Do you want me to go in there to slap the truth out of that sexy mouth of yers?" He says teasingly to Kathena, fully enjoying her torment. She shakes her head. "No, please. I.....oh gods, I was trying to drug you." She says looking even more horrified this time as if expecting him to go into a full rage and beat her. He grins widely, looking very satisfied with himself. "Now we're gettin' somewhere. Why were ye going to drug me?" She looks into his eyes, tears slowly sliding down her face. Kathena thinks to herself, "Ha! I got you now sucker!" She suppresses her smile, only looking as the scared little rabbit in his cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment