Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Kathena, On Her Way to Falcon's Edge

As I exit the cottage I see a young ranger with my horse. My face clearly shows my disappointment, though I force a smile. "Thank you for bringing my horse so early, ranger." The elf nods courteously and hands over the reins to her. "May you have a safe trip M'Lady." he speaks then walks off to return to his duties.

Kathena pets her horse and smiles softly. "I guess it's back to just us on our adventures, huh Shadow?" She ties her things to the saddle, and climbs on. She takes one more look back over her shoulder and then rides off through the trails. She momentarily gets lost in her thoughts, flashes of Ettrian coming to her mind. She shakes her head as if trying to erase them. "Come on girl! He's an elf. An annoying, egotistical, elitist elf who thinks you nothing more than a pet." She tells herself in an attempt to put it all out of her mind. Still her heart races and she blushes when she thinks of him.

Kathena Leaving Calenhad
"What in the world is the matter with me?! I've known my fair share of men in my life. I might have even loved some of them. Why is HE different?" She clears her mind and concentrates on being alert on the road. After all, she is traveling to a very dangerous place, Falcon's Edge. The place is not unknown to her. She is after all, one of THESE people. She actively trades, sells and sometimes steals from the people there. A small smile creeps on her face as she remembers the times she's picked the pockets of some of the most dangerous men in the tavern there.

She makes her way through the path over to River City, keeping close to shore as she won't be able to take Shadow all the way to the village. The roads are far too rocky and dangerous for riding. She will find a small boat or canoe to get her the rest of the way there.

"I will need to be extra careful, Shadow. This is definitely going to be a very delicate mission. One wrong step on my part and you will be without a friend." she talks to her horse trying to get her mind in order. She goes over in her mind on how best to approach the questioning without raising alert to her real goal. Even with her skills and experience, going up against others like herself is tricky and dangerous. "If they figure out I'm digging for information, there's no telling what they will do." she mumbles to herself

She ties up her horse by the shore and hops on a small boat, and makes her way to Falcon's Edge. She takes a final glance back, almost saying goodbye. She faces forward and looks determined. No matter what happens, she's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment