Sunday, May 8, 2016

Jaek and Fit Talk

Jaekob Faolan sat alone in the Council Chambers. He pushed back into his chair as he ran his fingers through his long hair. Kat had left the day prior to this and he worried for her safety. The Eldars were either ignoring him, being complacent or outright being argumentative about Kathena's participation in this conflict. And the one in charge of the rangers was moving about like a confused child.

Jaekob in the Council Chambers
Fitheach Eun paced about her house in Calenhad wondering how to tell the Aran about the intruders in Taibreamh.

Jaekob Faolan: "It was an inevitable clash," he thought to himself. "Other elves had not been raised with the leniency he had. He understood them though he did not always agree. "At least, there has been no further pillaging," he thought.

Fitheach Eun walks slowly towards the council chambers.

Jaekob Faolan looks about the city, his eyes dull with worry.

Fitheach Eun pauses by the statue of the goddess and takes a deep breath before continuing inside, looking for the Aran.

Fitheach Eun pauses in the doorway seeing the Aran with his guard captain and not wishing to interrupt.

Fitheach Eun waits by the fountain nervously.

Jaekob Faolan: "My Druid sister," he exclaims as he rises from his seat and motions her closer. "Vedui, Fitheach. How fare you today. And welcome, welcome. I am pleased to see you."

Fitheach Eun: "Vedui Aran; I am well but but come with disturbing news, I fear."

Fitheach Eun steals a look at Ettrian, but he seem abstracted.

Jaekob Faolan knew as well as any that Fitheach would not arrive with trivial news. He stepped closer yet and cocking his head to the side asked, "Terrible news?  Please tell me all."

Fitheach Eun nods; "Well not terrible but definitely concerning. We were attacked by intruders last night in Taibreamh."

Fitheach Eun: " Luckily the undines warned us in time."

Fitheach Eun smiles a bit grimly: "I believe they will not trouble us again."

Jaekob Faolan: "ATTACKED?" he said rather loudly just as he had seated himself again. "Wha...what do you mean attacked. And who dared penetrate the sanctity of your lands?"

Fitheach Visits Jaekob
Fitheach Eun shakes her head; " I do not know who they were and they are in no shape to be questioned now."

Jaekob Faolan sighed and ran his hand over his chin pensively, "No shape?"

Fitheach Eun nods; " They appear to have drowned, or at least they never surfaced..."

Fitheach Eun: "We have not found the bodies, yet."

Jaekob Faolan: "I see," he says with a sigh., his already dulled eyes becoming even moreso. "After the attack on Calenhad, I don't want to leave anything to chance. Have you bolstered your guards?"

Fitheach Eun: "Yes, we have and the undines and sylphs are keeping watch for us."

Fitheach Eun: "But strangely the undines refuse to locate the bodies of the intruders."

Fitheach Eun: "We did find their boat...."

Jaekob Faolan nods, a little smile touching his lips. "The undines and Sylphs serve you well, hmmm. Perhaps there are no bodies to find?"

Fitheach Eun considers that carefully for a minute..."We did not actually see them die, but we heard them fall and scream and then go silent..."

Fitheach Eun: "And the undines said there was no more danger."

Fitheach Eun: "Logic would say they were dead?"

Jaekob Faolan nods and looks at her pensively, his features unchanged, "Good. Good. I would trust them.... Oh and Fit..."

Fitheach Eun raises an eyebrow; " Yes milord?"

Jaekob Faolan: "After the attack on Calenhad, we have reason to believe it was human marauders of some sort. Kat recognized one of them and has gone to Falcon's Edge to get information. Her life would be in jeopardy if this got out, but you need to know the truth of it all."

Fitheach Eun: "That is dire news; are you sure she will be safe?"

Jaekob Faolan shakes his head, "I am sure of nothing of the sort, no. But I have trusted her with my life before and trust her now. If she has not returned in three days time, we will go looking for her."

Fitheach Eun: "Perhaps I or someone else should follow her?"

Jaekob Faolan: "I suggested that and she said it would only serve to put her in more peril."

Fitheach Eun nods seriously; "I trust Kat as well, but sometimes she is, shall we say; a bit reckless?"

Jaekob Faolan chuckles, "She is that, my sister. She is that. But, she usually prevails. Now tell me what the elves of Calenhad can do to help your protect your lands."

Fitheach Eun glances behind her at Ettrian again, but he stands as in in reverie.

Jaekob Faolan mumbles, "He has become incorrigible. But he has always served me well and I have to believe he will become himself soon enough," he says quietly.

Fitheach Eun considers again; "I think we are well warded now Aran, keep your guards for these lands and perhaps we should check on the hobbit lands as well,  Taibreamh has protections of its own..."

Jaekob Faolan nods, "I will send rangers to the Shire err the sun sets. I would have nothing happen to our hobbit friends."

Fitheach Eun looks sharply at the Aran, not sure if she heard correctly and looks at Ettrian again.

Jaekob Faolan leans in and whispers, "It is something to do with Kathena. They have no fondness one for the other and do not hide it."

Fitheach Eun: "Indeed milord, the hobbit rangers still need training; I do not believe anyone ever went to help them learn to fight better."

Jaekob Faolan: "I will see to it myself. They will be protected."

Fitheach Eun whispers back; " Ettrian has always felt all humans were beneath him."

Jaekob Faolan nods, "Yes and he shows it moreso now. He wants no help from the human as he calls her."

Fitheach Eun: "Thank you, Aran, that eases my mind considerably; I would not see my sister Feisty or any of her people to come to harm."

Fitheach Eun: "It is sad enough that such a merry race of people should be facing these dangers."

Jaekob Faolan: "Nor I, my dear," he says rising from his seat. I will trust your lands are safe enough. But I shall be proactive with or hobbit friends."

Fitheach Eun nods, "Thank you again; I will head back before night falls I think."

Fitheach Eun: "Namaarie."

Jaekob Faolan: "Namaarie, my Druid sister."

Fitheach Eun turns and walks out, giving one more penetrating look at Ettrian, who remains oblivious.


􀀀
􀀁
􀀂

No comments:

Post a Comment