Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Windy and the Cheshire Cat

Windy returns to her tree house in the darkness of Mirkwood forest with a couple of fresh fish; one for her and one for her hostage....uh....guest. She enters her small house, looking carefully for the cat held within. She hears a loud hiss from a corner of the room, behind a chair and grins mischievously.

Windy and the Cheshire Cat
"Now, now Mr. Kitty, you should be nice to me. I've even brought  you a nice fresh fish!" With that, she tosses the fish behind the chair and sits in another consuming her fish without even cooking it. She rips and tears at the flesh with her sharp little teeth, making a quick meal of it. She then tosses the rest out the front door. "There you go spider! Enjoy a little snack"

Windy goes behind the chair to see if the cat is done with his meal, only to discover he hasn't touched it. "What? Is that fish not to your liking?" The cat stares at her, a look on it's face that would resemble a snobby, dissatisfied customer at a gourmet restaurant. He slowly pushes the fish away with his paw, never taking his eyes off Windy.

Windy narrows her eyes and growls low. "Listen you mangy beast! I'm not your servant. Perhaps you are too accustomed to being spoiled by the Druid. You better learn to eat this or I will let you starve."
At that the cat turned his face as if completely disgusted by the fae. Windy stares at him for a while. "You seem rather different that most cats I've met before. There is something rather peculiar about your demeanor. Perhaps you are worth more than I could have thought." She paces a bit with a pensive look on her face then stops suddenly. "I think it's high time I find out how much I can get for your return!"

Windy sits at her desk, pulling out a small piece of parchment and her quill. She quickly scribbles down a message for the King. She ties it to a raven and whispers in its ear. "Take it to the King of the River Lands, and no other. Hurry"

Message:

King Druid,

I have in my possession a most curious cat that I believe you hold in high regard. If you wish to see him again, I suggest you make me an offer in gold pieces. You may write to me with your answer and send it with a bird into Mirkwood Forest. I suggest you send NO ONE into my forest, unless you are happy to send them to their deaths. My pretty pets will surely enjoy them as a meal.

~~A well meaning.....friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment