Saturday, September 12, 2015

Saphira Meets Windy

Saphira Mistwalker , Shadow Dragon Envoy, circles high above the forest called Mirkwood. She is new to this area, and if she is to scout properly for the Druid King's missing Cheshire cat, she will have to proceed slowly and cautiously. She is also hungry; she had a solid hour of flying to reach this place.

Saphira Wings Into Mirkwood
Saphira Mistwalker notes guards before what appears to be an underground entrance in the mountains at the south of the land. She peers closely. Elves? Hmm, interesting. She will avoid that realm for now, no sense frightening the elves by having a dragon appear in their skies. Besides, she has no desire to engage them in combat and they are unlikely to be the ones responsible for taking the Cheshire cat.

Saphira Mistwalker nods appreciatively as she flies over the forest. This place feels good. It reminds her of her home forest, deep with shadows. She instinctively wraps herself in shadow, disappearing from view.

Saphira Mistwalker moves closer to the ground, hoping none will spot her.

Windy Ravenfeather flies discretely through the woods, the sound of wings calling her attention. She peeks through the trees trying to see what it is.

Saphira Mistwalker sees several giant spiders wandering about, and frowns.

Windy Ravenfeather keeps looking around, trying to follow the sound as it changes directions.

Saphira Mistwalker becomes aware of another presence nearby. She does not want to rouse suspiciion, so she moves out of shadow.

Saphira Mistwalker smiles. "Greetings my lady."

Close Encounters of the Unseelie Kind
Saphira Mistwalker: "I am called Saphira Mistwalker. I am an emissary of the Shadow Dragon Clan."

Windy Ravenfeather finally spots the source of the sound. A strange creature appears before her. She narrows her eyes in suspicion of her. "Greetings yerself."

Saphira Mistwalker raises an eyebrow. An unusual two-legs floats before her.

Saphira Mistwalker: "I am recently come to the lands east of here, and I am expanding my range and knowledge of the nearby lands. Do you live here?"

Windy Ravenfeather looks her over. "Aye, this is Mirkwood Forest and I live here," pauses not quite trusting her. "You may call me Windy."

Saphira Mistwalker: "Well met Lady Windy.  The Mirkwood Forest, you say? I have heard tell of this place."

Windy Ravenfeather's eyes explore the surroundings. "Ye didn't run into any of my, ummm, friends."

Saphira Mistwalker: "Friends? I did notice some rather large spiders, is that what you mean?"

Saphira Mistwalker: "We have a name for the giant spiders among my clan. We call them "dinner".

Saphira Mistwalker looks up, seeing one of the spiders, and smiles toothily.

Windy Ravenfeather grins mischievously. "Funny, it's usually the other way around."

Windy Ravenfeather eyes narrow, "Did ye say yer a Dragon?"

Saphira Mistwalker grins. "Aye, a shadow dragon. Ours is the power of the forest and of shadow, and we wield that power to great effect. We hunt in that fashion, sneaking up on our prey and taking them unawares."

Saphira Mistwalker: "But, I am merely here to explore. I have not seen these lands before."

Windy Ravenfeather crosses her arms in front and nods. "A fellow hunter then. Perhaps you aren't all that bad, for being an uninvited guest."

Saphira Mistwalker looks closer at  the lady before her. "Oh, I thought the elves held these lands. You are not an elf though, are you?"

Saphira Mistwalker smiles. "I have never seen an elf fly"

Windy Ravenfeather looks a bit insulted. "Oh course I'm not an elf! I'm a Fae of the unseelie clan."

Saphira Mistwalker notices the lady looks unhappy. "Ah, an unseelie fae. I have never met one of your people, although I have heard of them. My apologies, I did not mean to offend."

Windy Ravenfeather huffs and shrugs, "I am glad you have heard of our kind. I did not want to have to explain in detail my origins."

Windy Ravenfeather: "What brings you to these parts? You mentioned you were exploring. What are you in search for, huh?"

Saphira Mistwalker smiles again, trying to soothe the prickly fae. " I am ... hunting. The lands to the east do not much approve of me hunting their flocks, so I have to range further."

Saphira Mistwalker sighs. "As an envoy of my people, I have agreed to avoid eating two-legs and their flocks."

Windy Ravenfeather nods, "Very well, but I suggest you don't kill off my spiders. Do as they do, and eat unsuspecting travelers who have lost the path," grins wickedly.

Spiders, Menace or Meal
Saphira Mistwalker looks around, trying to sense the cat she had come to find. "Hmm, are there any animals here besides the spiders? I would not want to cause conflict with the elves by eating their strayed scouts."

Saphira Mistwalker: "Perhaps, something smaller?"

Windy Ravenfeather arches an eyebrow, wondering if she can smell the cat she has hidden away. "There are squirrels and rabbits around, if you prefer smaller creatures. You are welcome to those."

Saphira Mistwalker: "Why thank you, they would make a fine snack."

Saphira Mistwalker pauses. "I noticed a lovely tree house north and east of here, is that yours? I would not want to be hunting at your doorstep."

Windy Ravenfeather eyes glow a bit as she produces a low growl. "Aye, that is mine and no one is welcome there. You would do well to remember it."

Saphira Mistwalker hisses laughter. "Of course my lady, I would not wish to intrude on you private demesne."

Saphira Mistwalker: "These lands are broad and the forests deep. I am sure I can find plenty of game without disturbing you."

Windy Ravenfeather nods but keeps her eyes locked on hers.

Windy Ravenfeather looks about, "I would suggest you not bring others here. We like our privacy. I would hate for anyone to .....get hurt."

Saphira Mistwalker nibbles on her lip, reading the menace behind the words. "Aye, I would hate to have to eat one of these spiders for attacking someone under my protection."

Saphira Mistwalker looks the fae in the eye. "I'm afraid I might be so full, I would have to stay here, for an extended period of time."

Windy Ravenfeather narrows her eyes, the glow within them more pronounced as she eyes the dragon. "Aye it would be a ...shame."

Saphira Mistwalker nods, her eyes locked with the fae's. This one is a hunter, and bears watching. "Well then, my lady, I will be heading home for now.  It was a  ... pleasure, making your acquaintance."

Windy Ravenfeather nods, keeping her eyes on her. "Likewise M'Lady. Safe travels."

Saphira Mistwalker: "Aye, and dark paths to you. We will meet again, I am sure."




1 comment: