Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Start of a Beautiful Partnership

This roleplay introduces two fairly new players. Talia is a wonderfully experienced Fae and Tangles is a young male hobbit whose typist is quite versed in roleplay. Both individuals are incredible and we in tRLs are delighted to welcome them into our family. Enjoy this, their first posted roleplay.

Fiesty Lotus carries her hamper of goods to market. She passes Tangles singing in the nearby fountain, apparently washing up. Fiesty averts her gaze and mutters to herself, I really do have to get some hobbits to clear out a burrow for him.

Tangles sings "and the sparrow said, what's that in your hand? and the fox said, hands, I have noooone..."

Fiesty sees Talia come into the marketplace, she is smiling at Tangles song.

Fiesty Lotus listens to Tangles ditty.

Tangles notices the ladies and says "what? Oh... sorry ... I didn't see you, Fiesty". He sheepishly crawls out of the fountain, hoping no one saw him bathing.

Fiesty answers: "It's is fine- yer have a way with the songs." She greets Talia.

Talia eyes the food.

Tangles squints.. "food!"


Talia asks,  "Did you like the seeds I bartered for food last time?"

Fiesty Lotus says  "Oh sure” but she looks a little uncomfortable."

Talia sniffs the aroma of food.

Tangles peeks over Fiesty's shoulder. “What kind of seeds are those, Ms. Talia?"

Talia says "I have more seeds, and Juste liked the seeds I traded with him.

Fiesty Lotus: "They were right lively plants.The bees and the Butterflies jest love em, but they were um, pink."

Tangles inquires, "Pink bees or pink plants? Or pink seeds?"

Talia: that's good cause Fae like pink and bees and butterflies, like a field on a spring day."

Fiesty: "The whole plant- It was strange."

Tangles scrunches up his face and ponders.

Fiesty : "What seeds did yer give Juste?"

Talia : "Pink is perfect. She twirls in her pink flower skirt."

Fiesty looks at the fae but keeps her counsel.

Talia:  "I gave him the seeds that grey the orange pie he sells."

Tangles: "Pink plants and the bees and butterflies liked 'em... sounds promising."

Talia: "Those seeds grew big orange round things."

Fiesty : "Oh - he calls that pumkin."

Fiesty: "It tastes great!"

Tangles: "Is that what he made that pie from Fiesty ?"

Fiesty nods happily.

Tangles: "I bought one. It was very tasty. We call that fruit "Squashes" in my shire. Or squishes? hrmm.. something like that."

Fiesty: "Yes- I did not know they were from yer seeds Talia."

Talia: "You might like these seeds" Holds out her hand with more seeds to Fiesty.  "These seeds grow round things too, they are smaller than the orange squashy pumpking thing. These seeds grow round red things."

Tangles: "Red?"

Talia eyes the food. "Yes, for more shrimp and eggs and sticky buns.”
Fiesty: "Oh- they ain’t poison or nuthin?"

Tangles moves in and sniffs at the seeds.

Fiesty  looks gratefully at her hobbit friend.

Talia.: "I bit into one and I'm still alive--course I'm Fae and poisons affect me differently."

Fiesty: "What yer think Tangles?"

Tangles: "They smell ok.  but ... I dunno,  In my experience, if you eat a little to test, you can tell.  See what they grow ."

Talia.: "Why of course they are good.. I picked a round red thing and threw it too, and it splattered real well too."

Fiesty: "Well, based on that seed yer gave Juste- I might try some."

Tangles: "How did they taste, Ms. Talia? Splatter fruit? ohh."

Fiesty  smiles.

Talia: "Acidic and juicy."

Tangles wonders if they would make good wine.

Talia.: "Best way to find out is to try it."

Talia: "Maybe it would make good tarts."

Fiesty  nods.

Talia.: "But maybe not."

Fiesty: "I shall do so- what would yer like fer it? I got Shrimp and eggs and Sweet rolls."

Tangles: "I can see it now ... "tarty tarts"  I'd buy em!"

Talia.: "Shrimp and eggs and sweet rolls one of each."

Fiesty smiles at Tangles.

Fiesty: "Allrighty - I amma doin this on faith yer know- if they kill me you won't get nuthin else."

Tangles  blinks...  "and I cannot resist the sticky buns.... 1 p each, yes?"

Talia looks sad at the thought of no more market food from Fiesty.

Fiesty packs up a plate of each food.

Tangles pouts .  "You won't die, Fiesty.  We'll test them together."

Fiesty: "Oh yes- me friend."

Fiesty smiles.

Talia sings "Two Hobbit Tasters Twirling Forks."

Fiesty Lotus: "It be nice ter have such friends."

Tangles grins bashfully.

Talia piles the plates of food into my arms and grins happily.

Tangles: "Ms Talia, are you certain you aren't part Hobbit? You certainly do enjoy food a lot."

Fiesty: "You have a good time with that fae."

Fiesty: "I think we may have a good partnership a goin."

Talia nods enthusiastically.

Talia: "I'll look for more seeds for you!"

Fiesty: "That would be good."

1 comment:

  1. The smallest seed of faith is better than the largest fruit of happiness.
    Henry David Thoreau

    ReplyDelete