Friday, February 5, 2016

Friends meet at the Cheshire Cat Inn

Jaekob Faolan waves a hand in the air, not really looking back, "Something strong eh?"

Jaekob Faolan nods solemly and drops a silver coin onto the table as Betha brings a large mug of ale and some cheese and dark bread.

Kathena Mavendorf makes her way into the inn, looking tired and bruised. Her wrists showing cuts and bruises, mostly hidden by her bracelets.

Kathena Mavendorf sees Jaekob and approaches slowly.

Jaekob Faolan: "Kathena!" he says perking up in the chair a bit. Wha.. what has happened to you?"

Kathena Mavendorf stops at the sudden question and adjusts her bracelets, letting her hair fall over her shoulders to hide small bruises on her arms.

Kathena Mavendorf: "Greetings Jaekob."

Kathena Mavendorf sits quietly, trying to come up with something to say.

Kathena Mavendorf: "Ummm, nothing, just got back from a long trip. I'm fine."

Kathena Mavendorf: "How are you?"

Jaekob Faolan jerks out of his chairs and closes the distance. He reaches out to touch her arm, but draws his hand back. He swallows hard, "You cannot hide from me what I see, Maybe we should er.... go to the infirmary and check you out?"

Fitheach Eun walks into the tavern in search of dinner.

Kathena Mavendorf shakes her head, "I'm perfectly fine! Just a little banged up. Nothing I can't handle."

Fitheach Eun stops short when she sees the Aran she has been trying to avoid.

Kathena Mavendorf turns her head back hearing someone come in. "Greetings Fit."

Fitheach Eun: Taking a deep breath she walks forward

Jaekob Faolan sees Fit at the door and bites his lip. He still needed to talk with her, but mayhaps this was not the time, "Vedui my Druid sister."

Fitheach Eun: "Vedui, Kat how good to see you."

Fitheach Eun: "Vedui Aran."

Fitheach Eun: "How are you both?"

Kathena Mavendorf forces a polite smile and motions to Bertha for a drink.

Kathena Mavendorf: I'm well, thank you. Don't know about Jaek here.

Jaekob Faolan nods to her and lets his glance to to Kat's bruises and cuts in hopes Fit will help him chip away at the gypsy and learn what had happened

Fitheach Eun sits opposite Kat and follows Jaek's eyes

Kathena Mavendorf Bertha brings over a large glass of mead and she gives her a coin in return, then takes a big gulp.

Fitheach Eun: noticing the small bruises all over Kat's arms

Fitheach Eun: "Why Kat, what happened? You look like you got the worst end of a fight?"

Kathena Mavendorf smirks, "You should see the other guy!" giggles.

Jaekob Faolan takes a big gulp of his ale and wiggles his fingers in the air, "Drinks over here please."

Kathena Mavendorf: "I've been away on a trip, for a long time, and only just returned two days ago. How are things her in the River Lands?"

Fitheach Eun smiles; " You really should have those tended; I have some wormwood potion that is good for bruising"

Jaekob Faolan bites his lip hard, "Well I went on a quest and it seems my mate was not well tended. She and Audrey have disappeared."

Kathena Mavendorf nods at Fit. "Thank you M'Lady. I shall go by the infirmary tomorrow to get some."

Kathena Mavendorf chokes on her mead and looks at Jaekob startled. "They WHAT?!"

Fitheach Eun raises her eyebrows that the Aran has learned that much.

Jaekob Faolan: "Ame and Audrey are missing," and he jerks up in his chair. "Have you seen them perhaps?"

Kathena Mavendorf sets down her mead, her eye wide with shock. "I have not. I doubt they would frequent the places I was visiting." Rolls her eyes, knowing full well they would not approve.

Kathena Mavendorf: "What do we know of their situation?"

Fitheach Eun: "Where have you been visiting, Kat?"

Kathena Mavendorf looks up at Fit and fidgets for a moment, taking a long drink from her cup delaying an answer. "Oh...here and there. Not around here. Places where there is more active trade."

Jaekob Faolan cuts his eyes to Fit, "They seem to know very little except the two disappeared."

Kathena Mavendorf looks at Jaek. "They? Who is they?"

Fitheach Eun: "That is true Aran, they simply found them both gone in the morning."

Fitheach Eun: actually it was some hours before they realized that Audrey was also gone.

Jaekob Faolan slaps his hand on the table, "There were three elven rangers there. How the hell could she just vanish?"

Fitheach Eun looks soberly at Jaekob; "The rangers are quite upset by the fact that not one but two people disappeared without them seeing."

Kathena Mavendorf is startled by the outburst and looks at Jaekob surprised at his reaction. "I must agree with Jaekob on this one Fit."

Jaekob Faolan whispers: "Guards should not be so negligent. Why have one if you can vanish under their noses?"

Fitheach Eun: "I agree as well, Kat. The rangers were all stationed right outside the Aran's house and somehow Ame got by them."

Jaekob Faolan takes a deep  breath and turns his attention back to the gypsy, "Now you are distracting me surely. Tell us how you got so injured."

Kathena Mavendorf takes another swig of her mead then looks at Jaekob. "Do you have any idea of who might have wanted to take them? I could, ummm, send word through my channels and see if anyone has seen them."

Fitheach Eun: "The elven council swore me to silence on the subject but I must tell Jaek all I know; it is woefully little."

Kathena Mavendorf makes a face and acts like it's nothing. "Jaekob, really, the disappearance is far more important than some old bruises."

Fitheach Eun looks at Kat again; "With bruises like that you may have other injuries."

Jaekob Faolan cocks his head to look at Fit, "Then tell me Arch Druid. Tell me the little you know."

Fitheach Eun: "I have just told you almost all I know; however I did search the house and there were some clothes of Ame's missing and her weapons were not there. "

Jaekob Faolan nods and bites his lip hard, "And her journals are missing? There is no sign that something was amiss actually but that she simply left."

Fitheach Eun: "I pointed this out to the rangers but they were obsessed by the fact that she got by them."

Fitheach Eun: "Oh and one more thing; the cat is gone as well."

Jaekob Faolan: "And the cat?I cannot fathom they would take her clothing and weapons from the house, much less books and a cat."

Fitheach Eun: "I have not seen Gabe; he may know something but he has been gone some days."

Kathena Mavendorf puts down her mead and looks at Fit quizzically. "Fit that sounds like she packed before leaving"

Jaekob Faolan: "I traveled to the Citadel and he was not home. Has he possibly vanished with them?"

Fitheach Eun: "I do not know, Aran." He left on an herb hunting trip"

Kathena Mavendorf stands up, eyeing the stranger as she does. "I have to go, but I shall be by later to talk to you Fit. Safe paths."

Fitheach Eun looks up and sees the visiting trader.

Fitheach Eun: "Fair winds Kat."

[16:01] Jaekob Faolan nods to the gypsy, "At least consider letting the healer apprentice at the infirmary check you eh?"

Fitheach Eun: "Good evening Lord Sirius."

Jaekob Faolan glances to the straanger and rises a bit from his chair, "Vedui mi'lord. We have not met hmm?"

Fitheach Eun: "How has the trading gone, Lord Sirius? Have you found any market?"

Jaekob Faolan: "Please come join us, mi'lord,"

Jaekob Faolan wiggles hiss fingers into the air to get Betha's attention.

Sirius Moonwolf: wanders in "Vedui everyone." turns to the male that spoke to him "I believe we met very briefly the other day at the festival, you seemed a little upset?" turns to the other that spoke "I still am seeking unfortunately. Perhaps I would have more luck if I tried to use my services to trade with"

Fitheach Eun turn to the Aran; 'This is Lord Sirius, Aran. We met him at market the other day; he is a traveling trader, vsiting our lands."

Fitheach Eun raises her eyebrows,"Services?"

Jaekob Faolan: "Well met Lord Sirius and my apologies for my behavior the other day."

Jaekob Faolan: "Yes, what kind of services do you mean Sirius?

Sirius Moonwolf: nods "Yes , in other lands I have lived in , I have learned the art of healing."

Jaekob Faolan: "Ah," he says leaning back in his chair. "Do tell us more."

Fitheach Eun: "Indeed"

Fitheach Eun waves at Betha, " Some wine, please for all of us."

Sirius Moonwolf: "In the first place I truly felt at home, when I was about 18 or so, I started working in an infirmary to help out and earn my keep , I served under two different master healers there, an elf and a unicorn. I have learned how to deal with various burns , broken bones , abrasians and contusions all over the body, and not just human or elf, but also fae and dragon and lycans as well."

Fitheach Eun nods slowly; "Those are useful skills for a traveler."

Fitheach Eun: "I am afraid I must return to Taibreamh before it gets too dark."

Fitheach Eun: "It was nice to see you again Lord Sirius."

Fitheach Eun: "Namaarie to both of you."

Jaekob Faolan nods to her, "Namaarie my Druid sister."

Jaekob Faolan inclines his head "I must leave as well.Namaarie only for now, my friends." And the Druid turns and moves toward the infirmary.

"Apologies for the lack of pictures. I was a bit off my game and enjoying the roleplay with my dear friends. But seriously, you have see us many times and we have not changed. Huzzah readers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment