Friday, July 3, 2015

Gabriel and Audrey ReUnite

Audrey Arrives in the River Lands

Gabriel Raynecrier looks up from his work table as the big doors push open and a guard enters carrying a big chest. He wipes the back of his hand across his forehead and then through his tousled hair. Then he smiles brightly as Audrey comes through the door.

Audrey Ashgrove runs over to him and throws herself into his arms.

Audrey Ashgrove: "Surprise!"

Audrey Ashgrove moves away shyly, "Hello Gabe."

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Audrey," he exclaims, wrapping his arms around her and planting a gentle kiss on her lips. Then he blushes as the guard seems to stare at him. "I did not.... it did not occur to me that the ArchMagus would truly let you come to me, my love."

Audrey Ashgrove smiles and laughs, hugging him tight.

Audrey Ashgrove: "My father sends his warmest regards, Gabe."

Audrey Ashgrove: "He also sent me because he has given me something of such importance that he would trust no other with delivering it to you."

Aubrey and Gabe Reunite

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Ah, would that I could talk with him, Audrey. I have been tasked with something I am not skilled enough to do. And, I fear that if I fail, these lands will fall to a Demon."

Audrey Ashgrove widens her eyes and gasps... "a Demon!"

Audrey Ashgrove: "Are you in danger?"

Gabriel Raynecrier nods and takes her hand in his, squeezing it tightly, "No, I don't think so. I have stayed in this room most of my time here, working. But, I do need to travel to those burned lands, to examine the ash and burned earth I have been told about. It will give me a sense of the Demon and possibly help me."

Audrey Ashgrove: watches him with worried eyes.

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Did you bring my books? my scrolls?"

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Any advice from the ArchMagus," he asks looking hopefully at her.

Audrey Ashgrove: "My father, the most powerful ArchMagus in our Lands has never spoken of battling a Demon, Gabe. The only magic I was able to learn, I learnt from you. I brought all the things you asked my father to send you and I have three precious stones for you."

Aubrey Reveals the Stones

Gabriel Raynecrier purses his lips, "Stones? What kinds of stones?" he asks his eyes appearing hopeful.

Audrey Ashgrove: "Father gave them to me just before my ship sailed. I still could not believe he would allow me to make the journey, but strangely he relented to my begging and pleadings."

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Well, you can be a bit persuasive," he says with a knowing grin. then he grabs her and hugs her again, "I am so glad you are here, Audrey."

Audrey Ashgrove: "He told me only this and I was to relate it to you as soon as I saw you and he believes that what you have learnt until now will be enough to enable you to create any Magic you set your mind too."

Audrey Ashgrove smiles happily and gazes at him adoringly.

Audrey Ashgrove: "Father told me you were the most promising apprentice he has had for many decades."

Gabriel Raynecrier looks at her a bit boyishly, "Your father has more faith in my skills than I do, I fear. But, I may be in over my head with this."

Audrey Ashgrove: shakes her head and sighs.

Audrey Ashgrove: "Your only failing is lack of self confidence Gabriel Raynecrier."

Audrey Ashgrove: "If I had waited for you to kiss me all those months ago, then I would be an old maid soon enough."

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Oh stop teasing me and show me the stones, Aubrey. You have always been such a tease. Show me the stones and I will show you my gratitude later, "and he grins big at her.

Audrey Ashgrove smiles coyly and uncovers the three glowing stones on the chest, now covered with his many books.

Gabriel Raynecrier's eyes open wide as he sees the stones and he drops down onto his knees in front of them, letting a hand move over them but not touching them. "Audrey, Audrey.... these are......" and he looks up at her. "I cannot believe the ArchMagus sent these. there is hope after all, my angel. I may can do what the Druid asked and more."

Audrey Ashgrove: "I'm sorry that I can't say what powers they hold."

Audrey Ashgrove: sighs sadly - "he would never have trusted me with such information"

Gabriel Raynecrier nods, his eyes turned to the stones. He lets his hand hover over the first one, the green one, "This is a stone of transmutation, Audrey. It allows the caster to manipulate time and space. With it the wielder could portal to other places."

Audrey Ashgrove: listens intently - "He always gathered such stones when he was called upon by the King in times of battle."

Gabriel Raynecrier: "It is very powerful and...and...." then his hand wavers to the purple one. "And this, this is a devination stone. With it, Mages can see  things that are far away or even things are that invisible. It is truly an incredible gift."

Audrey Ashgrove: "Oh my, that is quite extraordinary, Gabe and surely must tell you how much my father valued you."

Audrey Ashgrove: looks up at him shyly - "as do I."

Gabriel Raynecrier: "And this one, Audrey, this red one..." and as she speaks he rises and wraps his arms around her, "Oh my sweet Audrey, you are more precious to me than these stones or anything life has to hold."

Audrey Ashgrove: kisses him quickly, her eyes wandering back to the stones, "But what does the red one do? It is larger than the rest."

Gabriel Raynecrier: "That is the one that will allow me to do what the Druid requested, my sweet. It is a stone of enchanting. With it I should be able to enchant the swords so they will protect the wielder. That will help the Druids defeat the Demon am sure."

The Mage's Stones

Audrey Ashgrove throws her arms around him and kisses him.

Audrey Ashgrove: "I knew you would know what to do."

Gabriel Raynecrier kisses her hard, "But you are the best gem of the lot,"  he says laughing.

Audrey Ashgrove laughs.

Audrey Ashgrove: grows serious and cups his face with her hands.

Audrey Ashgrove: "Gabe, I won't be returning to our homeland. I am staying here with you for as long as you remain here."

Gabriel Raynecrier: "You...you," and his smile goes from ear to ear as he grabs her and holds her tight. "That makes me....I am so happy, my sweet."

Audrey Ashgrove: sighs with relief - "I'm so glad, darling"

Audrey Ashgrove: "My father expects my return within the month, but as he himself will be travelling, he will not realise I have not returned for many months."

Gabriel Raynecrier: "I was given a nice house here in the courtyard, I will have your things taken there and I will sleep here in the armory," he says with a bashful smile. "And...and when I am not working we can spend our time together. It will be.. magical."

Audrey Ashgrove: laughs and hugs him tight - "just perfect!"

Audrey Ashgrove: "And you promised you would teach me all you know about magic.. will you?"

Gabriel Raynecrier nods, "Yes, I will teach you what your father has taught me. Though I imagine you have learned a bit on your own," laughs. "Together, we shall be formidable," he grins.

Audrey Ashgrove: nods happily - "That we will be, darling Gabe. Maybe woman Mages aren't so unusual here in these Lands, and in any case, I would gladly learn in secret and help you in any way I can."

Gabriel Raynecrier shakes his head, "We will never live in secret, my sweet. They take us as we are or we do not belong here. Now let me show you to the house and have a good meal brought to you. You must be exhausted."

Audrey Ashgrove: gives him a kiss and lays her head on his shoulder - "I am tired from the journey and I know you are eager to peruse your books and learn more about these stones. I will explore these Lands when I am rested. I am eager to see if it is as beautiful as it appeared from the ship."

Gabriel Raynecrier nods and taking her hand, he leads her gently through the door and toward the home they will mostly share.

Audrey Ashgrove: The End

1 comment:

  1. What a cute couple! Is there hope for the Lands after all??? ;)

    ReplyDelete