Saturday, July 4, 2015

Chit Chat at the Cheshire Cat Inn

This roleplay was edited because it was overly long. But, we wanted to give our readers an idea of what occurs outside of the major story line that is ongoing. AND, keep tuned to the blog. There will be some major things happening in the Demon storyline over the next three weeks. And I mean MAJOR stuff. Happy reading friends. Remember, we always welcome folks to visit or join us in the fun. Just give any of us a holler anytime and we will be glad to chat with you.

Jaekob Faolan sits at the long table sipping a cup of tea, he turns seeing Xella, "Vedui my friend. Join me?"

Xella Steward walks into the Cat and sees the King, she curtsies slightly and trots over to sit by him.

Jaekob Faolan wiggles his fingers in the air to get Betha's attention, "What would you care for Xella?"

Xella Steward smiles "Tea please........."
.
Fitheach Eun wanders into the Cat looking for some lunch.

Xella Steward smiles softly at Fit, noding her head to the Druid."

Jaekob Faolan: "Fit," he says looking up. "Join us hmm."

Fitheach Eun smiles at them both and sits down.

Xella Steward nibbles one of the cheeses absently, a slight frown on her face.

Jaekob Faolan: "My Druid Sister, how are you this day hmmm?"

Fitheach Eun: "I am well thanks; how are both of you?"

Xella Steward looks up and bites lip, "I...am worried."

Jaekob Faolan: "Oh am well enough," he says rubbing his temple. "The moment I arrived in town, I was told a merchant did not make it home last evening. His wife is frantic."

Fitheach Eun turns to look at the druid with concern: "Have you sent out searchers?"

Xella Steward listens about the merchant, hoping her Ron did not leave any clues.

Jaekob Faolan shakes his head, "It has only been a day or less. He could be in an alley drunk."

Fitheach Eun: "Ah, true; or run off with some floozy."

Chit Chat at the Cheshire Cat Inn

Xella Steward nods, actually worried about her friends turning on her, if they realized her true nature is beginning to show.

Fitheach Eun watches Xella covertly convinced that something more is wrong.

Xella Steward smiles and sips her own tea, the taste calming her like few other two-legger drinks do.

 Xella Steward smiles slightly "I am...better then I have been in awhile...."

Xella Steward thinks of the merchant and gives a slight smile.

Xella Steward tenses as she smells a new human.

Jaekob Faolan turns to see the stranger and raises a bit, his hand to his chest, "Vedui, friend, please join us hmm."

Winter Silversmith: "Good morn to you both."

Jaekob Faolan nods to a seat, "Please sit and introduce yourself. I am Jaekob, aran taur'amandil (druid king) of these lands."

Winter Silversmith: "I am new to this land, is this the Inn I have heard spoken of/"

Jaekob Faolan nods and chuckles, "It seems to be the gathering place, yes."

Xella Steward nods her head, a slight frown on her face as her instincts tell her to feed.

Winter Silversmith: "Oh, thank you, I am Winter Silversmith, a... farmer of sorts."

Jaekob Faolan: "Well met Winter," and he wiggles his fingers in the air to get Betha's attention, "Ale or food milord?"

Winter Silversmith: "Ale would be good Master Druid."

Xella Steward nods her head to him, then looks down.

Jaekob Faolan nods, "Ale, for Lord Winter," and he slides some coins onto the table.

Jaekob Faolan: "I am surprised we have not met. Where are you staying milord?"

Winter Silversmith: "Oh thank you, I shall return the kindness one day Sir."

Winter Silversmith: "I have found a home in the trees by a beautiful river."

Jaekob Faolan raises a brow, "Hmmm what type of home?"

Winter Silversmith: "Blessed be to you Xella, I am pleased to meet you"

Winter Silversmith: looks back at Jaekob, "It is a tree house, it was empty so I hope it was abandoned."

Jaekob Faolan nods, "I know of where you speak and yes, it was abandoned. but, am not sure you are overly safe there. I believe it is on the edge of the Shadow Lands."

Winter Silversmith: "That would explain the strange black mist, but have no fear of my safety, I have had more than my share of encounters with the darkness."

Xella Steward nods and looks away from Winter, sipping her tea.

Jaekob Faolan nods, "Well, if anything happens, you are close to the Elven city. You may see the rangers rambling about the borders."

Winter Silversmith: "I have heard talk of a demon in these parts but the waters should provide me some protection."

Winter Silversmith: "Aye, I almost stumbled into one poor Ranger on my way to this Inn."

Jaekob Faolan: "Yes, there is a Demon which has been tormenting us. But, that his days are numbered with ....well....."

Winter Silversmith looks at Jaekob with interest, "Oh, is there a plan to deal with the Demon?"

Winter Silversmith: "My apologies, perhaps that is too forward a question for a newcomer as myself."

Jaekob Faolan: 'Not at all my friend. You need to know there is danger and you need to know the Druids are dealing with it. But, I cannot elaborate at the moment. Am sure you understand."

Winter Silversmith: "Yes certainly, I did not mean to intrude."

Winter Silversmith: "Miss Xella, are you an Elf Druid too, like Master Faolan?"

Xella Steward takes some cheese and looks at Winter, "I am not an elf, nor a druid

Winter Silversmith: "Oh, my apologies if I offended you Lady Xella."

Xella Steward smiles, siren fangs showing, "I have been mistaken for an elf before," she relaxes as she overcomes her instincts.

Winter Silversmith notices her fangs and grows a bit nervous

Winter Silversmith gulps down the last of his ale and looks up at a new face at the table

Jaekob Faolan looks at Winter and chuckles, "Xella is harmless, I assure you."

Fitheach Eun slides back into her seat.

Winter Silversmith: "Hmm, she looks, hungry at the moment. I am not a good snack Lady Xella, I am full of bones and fat, not tasty at all"

Fitheach Eun looks at the stranger to her left inquisitively.

Fitheach Eun: "Vedui, milord; I do not believe we have met."

Winter Silversmith looks to his left at the new arrival to the table "Blessed be, no I do not believe we have."

Fitheach Eun: "I am called Fitheach, mil'ord; I am one of the druids in these lands."

Winter Silversmith: "I am Winter Silversmith, a simple farmer, I have just moved to these lands by the, what was it called, Shadow Lands."

Fitheach Eun: "Ah, you should be cautious if you are close to the Shadow Lands."

Fitheach Eun: "We have had some ummmm difficulties from there recently."

Winter Silversmith: "Yes, I have heard of a Demon."

Fitheach Eun: "He will not bother us for long if we have our way."

Jaekob Faolan almost chuckles and sips his tea with a nod to Fit.

Winter Silversmith: "That is good to hear."

Fitheach Eun smiles slightly at the druid.

Fitheach Eun: "Farmers are always welcome in our land, good sir. You should meet Can, who owns the farm just outside the gates."

Jaekob Faolan: "Indeed, there is always a market for.... well, what do you raise?"

Winter Silversmith: "Sheep, I raise sheep."

Winter Silversmith looks a bit embarrassed by his excited reply to the question.

Fitheach Eun: "Sheep; that is good; we have few around here."

Jaekob Faolan: "Sheep hmm? Then wool for the seamstresses and mutton for the butchers. Excellent."

Winter Silversmith: "Can, I have seen the farm but I must have missed him."

Winter Silversmith: "Yes, I have a few sheep."

Fitheach Eun: "He has been away a great deal lately exploring some new land he discovered."

Winter Silversmith takes a sip from his empty glass and looks at it with confusion

Winter Silversmith: "Away, oh well new lands are quite exciting."

Fitheach Eun notices the empty tankard and waves to Betha for some more ale for the newcomer.

Winter Silversmith: "Oh, thank you umm what was your name, Finch was it, sorry my memory sometimes wanders off."

Jaekob Faolan: "Fitheach, but we tend to just call her Fit," *smiles softly as Betha brings Winter another tankard of ale

Winter Silversmith sips his new ale and relaxes

Jaekob Faolan: "Xella, why so quiet hmmm?"

Winter Silversmith: "Oh goodness, Fitheach, my apologies."

Winter Silversmith: "Well, it has been great to meet all of you, I think I should return to tend to my sheep."

Jaekob Faolan rises a bit, placing his hand to his chest, "Well met mi;lord and welcome to the River Lands."

Winter Silversmith rises to his feet.

Winter Silversmith: "I will take my leave of you then."

Winter Silversmith steps back from the table.

Xella Steward smiles at him, then looks at winter "Take care, maybe we will run into each other."

Jaekob Faolan: "Namaarie, sir."

Winter Silversmith: "Lady Xella, a pleasure to meet you too"

Winter Silversmith: "Blessings to both of you in your travels"

 Fitheach Eun looks at Xella: "How does that wrist feel; have you been keeping the salve on it?"

Xella Steward nods "I have, it feels better, but  am unsure if it is healed."

Fitheach Eun: "Let me take a look?"

Xella Steward nods and offers her her wrist.

 Fitheach Eun unwraps the oiled silk and the bandage below it and looks at the burn critically.

Xella Steward looks hopeful.

Fitheach Eun: "There is only a little red left; I think you are good to swim. Just wash the salt water off with fresh when you come out and put the salve on it."

Xella Steward nods and smiles happily.

Fitheach Eun smiles back at Xella; " I know you miss the ocean. "

Xella Steward: "It is home."

Xella Steward looks at them both, and looks at her empty tea.

Jaekob Faolan sits down his empty cup, "I think is time for me to take my leave," he says softly.

Jaekob Faolan rises, "If you both will excuse me, hmm?"

Xella Steward nods, "Take care milord."

Xella Steward smiles softly and nods.

Fitheach Eun nods to the druid, "Namaarie, milord."

Jaekob Faolan nods, "I will check to see if there is any word on the missing merchant," and he ambles off.

Fitheach Eun: " He will doubtless be found in some alley; dead drunk."

1 comment: