Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Xella Tells the Druid What Happened with the Demon

Jaekob Faolan opened his eyes and slipped out of reverie, his eyes catching the curtains that draped the building as they seemed to dance at the command of a gentle breeze. "Where is she," he mumbled to himself, pushing himself up and beginning to pace.

Jaekob Faolan: "Ah, well. She will get here when she gets here," and he ambled off toward the infirmary to leave a bundle of sage for Fitheach.

Xella Steward sits on the bench in the infirmary, rubbing the bandage over her burn.

Jaekob Faolan blinked once, twice seeing Xella sitting in the infirmary, "Xella wha...what are you doing here hmm?"

Xella Steward looks up and quickly stands, giving an awkward curtsy.

Jaekob and Xella

Jaekob Faolan glances at the bandage on her arm, "What happened to you Xella?" he asks moving closer to her.

Xella Steward looks at her wrist and sighs "I, had a run in with, Ryn."

Jaekob Faolan: "You what? And he harmed you?'

Xella Steward looks down and nods, "Though I got a few good hits on him too."

Jaekob Faolan bites his lip hard, "You fought the Demon? But.... but...." how could you?"

 Xella Steward: "It appears water harms him."

Jaekob Faolan: "Water harms him?" he swallows and his eyes widen. "You must tell me everything that happened Xella."

Xella Steward sighs softly and starts from the beginning.

Xella Steward: "I was coming here to meet with you when near the Remembrance Bridge< I smelled fire."

Jaekob Faolan nods, listening.

Xella Steward: "Being a mer, I can control water, so I went off the path to try to put it out."

Xella Steward takes a breath, remembering, "Ryn was there, in his true form."

Jaekob Faolan turns his head slightly to the side, his face expressionless, "In his... Demon form? And you are sure it was the on called Ryn?"

 Xella Steward looks at Jae, "He started circling me. I am sure he was going to kill me."

Jaekob and Xella

Jaekob Faolan swallows hard and nods, "Is that when he hurt your wrist?"

Xella Steward shakes head "No, not yet, I summoned water to protect me."

Xella Steward: "Some of it hit him, and it hurt him. He grabbed my wrist then pushed me away."

Xella Steward rubs the burn, "Then I tossed my water at him, he....screamed.........then ran off to the Shadow Lands."

Jaekob Faolan: "And you have no doubt it was the water? Well....well this could prove very helpful in our fight against him."

Xella Steward nods, "I put the fire out, then came here."

Jaekob Faolan nods and sighs, "I thank you for that. But, why are you still in the infirmary?"

Xella Steward goes red "I um....passed out on the cot over there,"

Xella Steward: "I am not used to moving that much water."

Jaekob Faolan turns his head to the side, "Passed out?"

Xella Steward: "Yea, I normally don't use my water bending skills......not on that scale."

Jaekob Faolan: "You are better now hmm?" he asks with a worried look.

Xella Steward nods "Just no saltwater or swimming till it is healed, Fit looked at it."

Xella Steward smiles sadly.

Jaekob Faolan: "Good. Good. And have you told me everything Xella?"

Xella Steward looks down, "No........not everything sir."

Xella Steward pulls out a small dark stone from a pouch on her skirt.

Jaekob Faolan: "Tell me, then. If we are to save our lands from this Demon, we....I need to know everything about him." he says watching Xella with the stone.

Xella Steward: "He gave this to me, back when we where, friends."

 Jaekob Faolan cuts his eyes to the stone, "The Demon gave you THAT?"

Xella Steward touches the stone gently "He said this can....summon him."

Jaekob Faolan: "Summon him," and his eyes widen as he bites his lip.

Xella Steward nods "I beleve he said to toss it on the ground, and will him to me."

Jaekob Faolan: "And have you used it?"

Xella Steward shakes head no.

Xella Steward: "I have not sir."

Jaekob Faolan: "You must give it to me," he says softly extending a hand.

Xella Steward hands over the stone, and bites her lip, "There is more."

Jaekob Faolan takes the stone and wrapping it in a piece of linen, he tucks it into his pouch. "What more? You must tell it all Xella."

Xella Steward sighs "I gave him one of my scales,"

Xella Steward looks at Jae, worried "He can use my scale to summon me,"

 Jaekob Faolan looks at her with almost a look of panic, "He can summon you? Xella WHAT have you done? You are in danger."

Xella Steward nods "This was when I thought he was my friend."

Jaekob Faolan: "What is done is done, Xella. But, I am not sure how I can protect you."

Xella Steward nods "I am not asking for protection."

Xella Steward smiles and heads for the door, "That is all I know."

Jaekob Faolan nods and watches her go, not quite sure what to do."Xella..."

Jaekob Faolan: "Go to your island and tell Ron all of this hmm."

Jaekob Faolan: "And if something happens have him come to me."

Xella Steward: nods "I will have him pick me up at cheshire."

Xella Steward leaves and goes to the port city.

Jaekob Faolan nods and summons two elves, "Follow her. Make sure she arrives safely in Cheshire."




No comments:

Post a Comment