Thursday, March 26, 2015

Kathena Tells Fitheach About the Demon Attack

Fitheach Eun crosses the bridge to Kat's house, hoping she is home

Fitheach Eun: As she turns the corner towards the porch she is alarmed to see bloodstains and scorched grass in front of the house

 Fitheach Eun: she runs forward shouting for the guards but no one appears

Fitheach Eun: there is a lot of blood on the ground and now frightened she runs to the door and pounds on it

Kathena Mavendorf stands and runs to the door. "Who is it? She asks her voice shaking a bit"

Fitheach Eun: "Kat are you there; it's Fit."

Fitheach Eun: "Are you all right?"

Kathena Mavendorf quickly unbolts the door opens it and pulls her inside quickly locking the door behind her. "Oh thank the gods it's you, Fit!"

Fitheach Eun: "What happened; where are the guards?"

 Fitheach Eun: "Are you all right?"

Kathena Mavendorf she double and triple checks the door is locked.

Fitheach Eun: "Kat..."

Kathena Mavendorf looks visibly shaken, fresh tears still on her face and like she hasn't slept in days. "That ...thing was here."

Kathena Mavendorf she looks terrified, "It killed the guards..."

Fitheach Eun grabs her arm gently...: "Who's was here?"

Fitheach Eun: "Oh no...."

Fitheach Eun: "Come sit down, Kat you look like you are about to fall over."

Fitcheach and Kathena at Kathena's cabin


Kathena Mavendorf nods and sits at the table

Fitheach Eun sits across from her and looks at her worriedly

Kathena Mavendorf swallows hard looking up at Fit with pleading eyes, "He wants something from me, that I will not give him."

Fitheach Eun: "Who's is it and what is it that he wants?"

Kathena Mavendorf: "The drow...thing...that attacked me last time, who calls himself Ilmryn."

Fitheach Eun: "Ilmryn?"

Fitheach Eun: "There are drows here?"

Kathena Mavendorf she looks pale with fear, "He wants to know about Jaekob....about his powers."

Fitheach Eun: that does not sound good..."Did you tell him anything?"

Kathena Mavendorf shakes her head, "No, but ....he does things....he ....he can get inside my mind."

Fitheach Eun: "Oh Kat, that must be horrible"

Fitheach Eun: "And the guards could not stop him?"

Kathena Mavendorf cries, "He killed them.....and then SHOWED me....their deaths, through his eyes.....like pictures in my mind."

Fitheach Eun shivers; " I cannot imagine what that must be like..."

Fitheach Eun looks even more alarmed.

Fitheach Eun: "Is he living near here?"

Kathena Mavendorf tries to calm herself and think, "I do not know....but he calls to me....he calls to me and I can hear his voice in my mind, like an echo." pauses, "Are all drows like this?"

Fitheach Eun says decisively, " You cannot stay here; he will find you again; we must get you away."

Fitheach Eun: "And I know little of drows save they like to cause mayhem."

Kathena Mavendorf looks at her, "there is no place I can go, where he will not find me."

Fitheach Eun: "But,  I do not see how one could kill two elven guards and leave nothing?"

Fitheach Eun looks back: "Nowhere?"

Kathena Mavendorf shakes her head, "there is something unnatural about him, Fit."

Fitheach Eun whisoers "Unnatural? In what way?"

Kathena Mavendorf thinks about him, trying to explain, "at one point, his hand, ....well....it was like a claw, not like a hand."

Kathena Mavendorf: "and the strength....he picked up the guards like they were made of air!"

Fitheach Eun: "A claw? Like the one that made those marks on your neck before?"

Fitheach Eun gasps

Kathena Mavendorf chews on her lip...."it was...HIM"

Fitheach Eun: "There must be some place you can hide, Kat; How about up at Calenhad?"

Kathena Mavendorf shakes her head desperately, "No....I can't bring that thing near Jaekob!"

Kathena Mavendorf her eyes grow wide and she gasps, 'Oh my gods! He's going to go to him!"

Fitheach Eun takes a deep breath..."You do have a point there"

Kathena Mavendorf: "He wants his ashes back!"

Fitheach Eun starts: "Why would he?"

Fitheach Eun: "Ashes?"

Kathena Mavendorf rubs her temples, "I don't know.....but he was willing to kill me to get them back."

Fitheach Eun mulls the news over thoughtfully

Fitheach Eun: "Ashes only come from demons...."

Fitheach Eun: "Is it possible?"

Kathena Mavendorf looks at her...."We must warn Jaekob.....immediately."

Fitheach Eun gets up quickly

Fitheach Eun: "You are right; we must."

Fitheach Eun: "Though I would feel better if you hide and I go."

Kathena Mavendorf gets up and walks to the door..."I have a messenger bird, send it ahead."

Kathena Mavendorf unbolts the door and lets her out.

Kathena Mavendorf: "Please be careful Fit!"

Fitheach Eun: "I guess you will not stay here and Hide?"

Fitheach Eun: "Or will you?"

Kathena Mavendorf shrugs, "Where could I go?"

Fitheach Eun holds up a finger for Kat's bird and whispers softly to it in elvish

Fitheach Eun: "Go little one; I will follow>"




No comments:

Post a Comment