Sunday, October 4, 2015

Kathena Rages at Jaekob

Kathena Mavendorf makes her way to the infirmary, to check on Fit when she notices Jaek by the well.

Jaekob Faolan stands at the well, dipping a cupped hand into the cool water. He lifts it slowly, letting the liquid flow into his mouth.

Kathena Mavendorf with a very serious and displeased look on her face she greets her old friend. "Good to see you still live, Jaekob."

Jaekob Faolan turns to greet her, his face a bit impassive, "Ah Kathena, vedui. It is good to see you as well my old friend."

Kathena Mavendorf narrows her eyes a bit looking his face over trying to read him. "I need to give you something." With that she takes out her dagger and stabs it into the pole next to him.

Kathena Drives the Dagger into the Well Frame
Jaekob Faolan startles as his eyes widen, but he freezes in place a moment, following her hand, the dagger as it hits the frame of the well. He growls a bit, "A dagger for me hmmm."

Kathena Mavendorf with a completely serious look on her face she forces a smirk. "I figured if you are going to continue to try to kill yourself, you might as well have something sharp to do it with. Might speed things up."

Jaekob Faolan: "And you care ... why hmmm? Since the incidents with the Demon, you have hidden yourself from me and everyone. You seem to be.... well...." and he jerks the dagger out of the wooden post and with a quick flip offers the handle to her. "Save it for when.... you need it," he growls.

Kathena Mavendorf her face begins to show her building anger as her cheeks flush. "I seem to be, what exactly? Is it wrong for me to get away from people after all....after....the demon blood is in me."

Kathena Mavendorf snatches the dagger and puts it in her belt.

 Jaekob Faolan reaches out to grab her arm and moves toward the infirmary.

Kathena Mavendorf follows him as his hand firmly pulls her away.

Kathena Mavendorf: "What is it Jaekob? Afraid someone might hear about my.....darkness?"

Jaekob Faolan all but drags her into the infirmary and as he reaches Fit's bed, he pushes Kathena toward it, "See that? See Fit? She did her job, she went to Mirkwood to do just what I did. That's what we do," he growls. "That's what we do instead of cowering somewhere with excuses.

Kathena Mavendorf trips from the push almost falling on top of Fit. She regains her footing and turns facing him. In hearing his words, she, without thinking raises her hand and slaps him across the face loudly. "How DARE you?!"

Jaekob Faolan growls at the sting of her hand on his cheek and quickly rubs it, "How dare me?" he asks closing the distance to stand mere feet from her. "I have kept my quiet and let you mood and brood over what was done to you. How dare you come to me and chastise me for doing what needs doing? I would give my life for these lands and its people. And if I am of a mind to go to Mirkwood or wherever evil rears its ugly head, that is what I will do. Do you understand me?"

 Kathena Mavendorf shakes her head and looks at him with angry tears forming in her eyes. "Mood and brood? Is that what you think I've been doing?" takes a deep breath trying to steady herself.

Kathena and Jaekob
Kathena Mavendorf: "I have kept you and everyone away so as not to taint your lovely lands with my...."

Kathena Mavendorf swallows hard, "They need you ALIVE, more than anything. Being reckless is not going to help them."

Jaekob Faolan reaches out as if to touch her arm, "Kathena you are my dearest friend and we have gone to hell and back together. The demons changed us and, perhaps, not for the good. Whether your blood is tainted with demon blood or anything else has .....has....never mattered to me. Can't.....can't you know that?" he asks turning from her and beginning to pace.

Kathena Mavendorf drops her head almost shamefully as tears escape her and trail down her cheeks.  "Jaekob, there is no way to explain to you or anyone what I....how it...." sighs. "It really is for the best to keep my distance, but this is NOT about me!"

Jaekob Faolan turns to face her, his face empty of emotion, "What is happening is these lands is about all of us, Kathena. There is talk of some kind of...well.... something.... brooding in the Underdark. I fear, things are about to take a change for the worse..... that evil is about to come knocking at our doors. And I cannot be idle when is in my power to do something."

Kathena Mavendorf eyes look up at him the moment she hears of the Underdark. A look of fear reflected on her face. "Is....are they, back?"

Jaekob Faolan swallows hard, "Honestly, I do not know. But...... I fear so. Until a trip is made there, there is no.... way of knowing with certainty. Or until they reveal themselves."

Kathena Mavendorf the color fades from her face as the chill of fear takes over her body. She trembles slightly at the thought. She mumbles softly, "Is that why the nightmares haven't gone?"

Jaekob Faolan: "Nightmares? You still.... have nightmares?" he asks his face softening a bit to show concern.

Kathena Mavendorf swallows hard and nods slightly. "He....he makes me hurt you."

Jaekob Faolan: "In....in... your nightmares? The demon does this?"

Kathena Mavendorf pushes tears back trying to look stronger than she feels. "It's only a matter of time, until I do it when I'm awake."

Jaekob Faolan steps closer to her, touching her arm with his hands, "That will not happen, I promise. They.... the nightmares... are not real. The Demon was vanquished and exists no more. Of that, I am certain."

Kathena Mavendorf looks frozen when he touches her arm, almost as if she was afraid to be that close. "How can you possibly know what I would be capable of?" she pauses and looks around worriedly. "I....shouldn't have come. I shouldn't be here."

Jaekob Faolan lets go her arm and simply nods, "These lands are your home and you should be here, my dear. But, I will not make the mistake I made before and bring you or any other into the fray against this evil if I can help it. I learned my lesson and will not lose another friend because of my actions."

Kathena Mavendorf looks panicked. "Jaekob don't go into the Underdark. Nothing good will come of it! Please, promise me. Please!"

Jaekob Faolan shakes his head, strands of red hair falling into his face, "I cannot make a promise I doubt I can keep, Kathena."

Kathena Mavendorf throws her hands up in the air and paces. "Why can't you learn?! Jaekob you are too important to these lands and your people! Without you, they will not survive!"

Jaekob Faolan: "And who am I to send in my stead hmmm? I sent Fit to Mirkwood and look what happened," he says, waving a hand toward her,

Jaekob Faolan: "I am a Master Druid, the most capable of going."

Kathena Mavendorf locks her eyes defiantly on his. "You send disposable people! You send those of us that with our deaths would benefit the rest. You let our deaths help you get closer to your goal."

Jaekob Faolan growls and clenches his fist, "Don't you realize that no one is disposable to me? Don't you know that of me by now, Kathena?"

Kathena Mavendorf: "You don't send a force for good into the darkness of an evil place Jaekob! You must send a snake, that would not be distinguished from the others."

Jaekob Faolan: "Well, I am fresh out of snakes, Kathena. I get to go by default."

Jaekob Faolan: "But, this is all.... pointless. I have no plans to go to the Underdark. I still have to deal with the Unseelie to the West.

Kathena Mavendorf clenches her fists and look infuriated. "I sincerely hope you come to your senses! There are those here that are as dark as their shadows. Perhaps one day you will realize that you should use that to your advantage. Nothing is gained by dimming your light. It only helps them spread their darkness."

Kathena
Jaekob Faolan shakes his head, "This argument is pointless, I tell you. I have no plans of going anywhere. And I cannot undo that I went to Mirkwood. Nor that I sent Fit and caused her hurt. Rest assured, I will only do what proves to be the most effective if I have to take action to the West or on the borders in the Shadow Lands."

Kathena Mavendorf sighs deeply. "No matter! You won't listen to me, in any case. Do what you must, then! You know where I am hidden if you need me. Just remember to approach with caution."

Kathena Mavendorf walks closer to him and looks him directly in his eyes. "I wish you the best in this and all endeavors my friend. Safe paths."

Jaekob Faolan nods, "I will come as a friend, but not if I am in need. I will never put you in the place I put your before and risk further harm to you. Namaarie, Kathena," he says, his eyes saddening.

Kathena Mavendorf nods and walks away

No comments:

Post a Comment