Saturday, October 17, 2015

Amethyst's new Dagger (Questing Roleplay Finale)

Amethyst McMahon pulls the small cart filled with wood to the Forge at the Docks. With a satisfied grin she parks it near Aonghas' anvil and coughs loud enough for the hardworking Blacksmith to glance over his shoulder and put down his tools...

Aonghas the Blacksmith's (NPC) face breaks into a large smile as he sees his visitor and her cart of wood. "Well me lassie, yer as good as yer word!". His eyes take in the load of wood, neatly cut and stacked and he raises an eyebrow before continuing, his voice full of mirth, "And who did yer use that sugar tongue of yers on to cut that heap fer ya?"


Amethyst McMahon looks affronted, but their is no offence in her tone as she answers blithely, "Ghods stand me by, everyone here underestimates me! I chopped that wood myself, Blacksmith... and I have the blisters on my hands to prove it!," she pouts and holds out her hands for perusal.

Aonghas grins and bows his head solemnly, "M'lady Amethyst, by yer leave forgive such a lowly disbelieving peasant such as myself. And if I doubt yer... umm.... tenacity again, then yer have me leave to tell me wife. She's sure ter box me ears fer ya!"
His laughter fills the Forge.

Amethyst McMahon sniffs and flicks her hair back across her shoulders, but soon she is laughing with the burly Smith.
"Furthermore, Aonghas, Aidan shall be bringing along the other items you mentioned yesterday. He even let me go to collect iron shards with him. The coal he had spare himself. He was more than willing to barter them with me for a week's supply of Elven wine!"

Aonghas the Blacksmith whistles through his teeth, "Blow me down, he drove a right hard bargain, Ame! I bet the mongrel ain't never tasted anything as fine as Elven Wine in his whole miserable life!"

Amethyst McMahon shakes her head, "Oh no, Aonghas, it was I that won that battle of wills. Aidan was wanting a month's worth of wine!", she smiles gaily, "and besides, for anyone not accustomed to it, it can cause the world to rotate like a spinning top! A week's worth of Elven Wine will take him at least a year to finish, which makes it a pretty good transaction for both of us."

Aonghas the Blacksmith grins, "aye, M'Lady, well played! I'll get right to making a fine blade for ya and it should be done by the morn then."

Amethyst McMahon beams at the Smithy, "really? So soon. How wonderful. Many thanks, my friend," she enthuses, "I'll leave you to your work then and return tomorrow. Greetings to your family Aonghas."

Amethyst McMahon waves and wanders off along the walls of Cheshire to the popular fishing spot to see if anyone is busy reeling in their lunch, her gait light as she softly hums a popular melody...

THE FOLLOWING DAY...

Amethyst McMahon bursts into the Forge and rushes over to Aonghas, bent over his fire.
"Good afternoon, Aonghas! I've been so patient today, but I cannot wait any longer... did Aidan deliver as promised?," her gaze sweeps the Forge and fixes upon a small dagger with a wooden grip laying on an anvil.
Amethyst McMahon's face lights up and she approaches the anvil, her features glowing, "Is this mine, Aonghas?", and her hand reaches out and hovers uncertainly above the new blade, "oh, it's beautiful and... quite deadly looking," she finishes with a grin.
Aonghas the Blacksmith nods, "aye, Ame, tis for yer. Mind you take good care of it and yerself too, spend some time gettin' ter know yer blade. Best ya go out and practice on that ol' broken Oak near the path to the Citadel. See if ya can take off a branch or two! Yer know the one I be meanin'?" 

Amethyst McMahon takes the dagger carefully into her hands, turning it over admiringly. "Aye, Aonghas, I know the very one. I will practice quite diligently. I can't thank you enough for your fine work. You are truly skilled." She takes a leather pouch from her pocket and places it in his hands. "Here is the agreed payment and a little extra for the speedy delivery and your trust. I will see you again soon, my friend."

Aonghas takes the pouch and smiles at the young girl, "On yer way, lass, and don't yer be comin' around before ya can impress me with yer skills at handling that blade! The King will have me head if he finds out aforetime!"
His warmhearted laughter follows her out of the Forge, nearly drowning out her farewell as she races off towards the forest of trees beyond the walls of Cheshire.


No comments:

Post a Comment