Monday, August 3, 2015

Jaekob Chats with Gabriel Raynecrier

Jaekob Interviews Gabriel
Jaekob Faolan: "Greetings Gabriel, and thank you for taking time in your day to sit with me for a chat. You are fairly new to tRLs and this is a wonderful way to give your fellow role players and our readers some perspective on your character."

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Thanks, Jaekob It means a lot to me that the owner of tRLs is interested enough in the players to do this. What you have going on here is a bit on the rare side from what I am familiar with. Well, that is not to say your setup is not familiar to me. But, the players seem to have a genuine ownership in what is going on and really interact with a great level of maturity and friendliness."

Jaekob Faolan: "Ah, that is so kind of you to say, Gabriel. We do try to create a pristine atmosphere that people will enjoy. Now, let us get on with the interview hmmm? So, it is Monday morning in your character's world. What would he be doing today?"

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Well, if he was lucky, he just had a big breakfast with his sweetheart, Audrey. She is a really good cook you know," he grins. "But, she is off on holiday so I guess Gabe is on his on. So, I suppose he would have visited the inn for a light meal, packed some cheese and bread into his backpack and would be out in the lands looking for ingredients for potions. Or he might be experimenting with potions, trying to acquire the skills to make those things useful in his work."

Jaekob Faolan chuckles, "And do you really go out and look for ingredients? As we do not have a gathering system in place, isn't that kind of pointless?"

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Nothing about role play is pointless, Jaekob. If you are going to create a character, you need to live the life. You can't always be with other players, especially in a small group or at a quiet time of the year when people are doing summer things. It's not a lot different from real life. You get up, you eat, you involve yourself in some particular area of interest, right? Well, if you want your character to live the life, why not do the things he would do? They are no less pointless than you reading the Monday morning paper over a cup of coffee. It's all about immersion and developing your character."

Gabriel Raynecrier, Initiate Mage
Jaekob Faolan: "Well said, Gabriel," he smiles. "So, what does your character eat for breakfast?"

Gabriel Raynecrier; "More often than not, something fast. A plate of cold meat and cheese and a big piece of warm bread would be perfect. I have not had a chance to attend the Market Day events yet, but I hear the hobbits make some wonderful dishes. I will have to go soon and check those out. Up my diet," grins.

Jaekob Faolan: "So back to your morning gathering of ingredients, how do you do that when we don't have a gathering system in place. Isn't it a bit difficult?"

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Not at all. Arn't we here to role play? Sure props are good, but I can effectively roleplay gathering a mineral instead of clicking on an item that goes into my pouch. Even if we had the system, I would role play gathering it."

Jaekob Faolan: "Of course, we are here to role play. And I confess that I go for morning walks alone, walking through various regions and have been known to stop and role play with an NPC. So I understand totally. I just wanted our readers to understand more fully. Now, tell me, how did you come upon tRLs and what makes you want to be a part of our community?"

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Oh, that is an easy one. I like the people a lot. I like the environment you have created and your stand on a drama free environment. I have seen too many communities fail because the people had their own agendas or wanted to be the shining star of every role play. But, here folks are farmers and gypsies and seem to work together as a team."

Jaekob Faolan: "What is your favourite part of role play, Gabriel?"

Gabriel Faolan: "I guess it is just creating my character, evolving him day by day into a better character. Even if my time here is limited and even if no one else is about, I can do things just as I would in real life to make him grow."

Jaekob Faolan: "And your least favourite?"

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Drama, definitely. I hate it when people bring their OOC trash, likes or dislikes into the role play. That can ruin it for everyone. You may not know me or even like me, but let's not bring prejudices into our role play."

Jaekob Faolan: "Well said. But, we both know that is a hard line to tow, especially for newcomers."

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Of course, it is. But if one is aware and does his or her best, you know. I have roleplayed for years and still mess up from time to time. We are human after all. Well, some of us," grins.

Jaekob Faolan: "Yes, some of you are human," laughs. "Gabriel, I thank you for taking the time this morning to chat with me."

Gabriel Raynecrier: "Sure thing, Jaekob. I enjoyed this. Now, how about we meet at the inn and have some cheese and bread? I am starving."

Jaekob Faloan: "Lead the way," he laughs. "But, you invited me, so you are paying this time!"


No comments:

Post a Comment