Friday, May 29, 2015

Kathena and Xella Fight About the Demon

Kathena Mavendorf rummages through her things in her vardo, making a pack and attaching a dagger to her thigh. She mutters to herself, "This filthy Drow has hurt someone I love for the last time!"

Kathena

Xella Steward goes to the gypsy camp, knowing she will have to lie her rear off.


Xella

Kathena Mavendorf hears noise outside so she steps out of her vardo, spotting her beautiful mer friend Xella. She smiles sweetly at her and runs to embrace her. "Hello dearest. Are you well?"

Xella Steward hugs back, a bit stiff.

Xella Steward shakes head and backs up slightly.

Kathena Mavendorf furrows her brow with worry, "What's the matter? Did...did he come back? Did he hurt you?"

Xella Steward smiles softly.

Xella Steward smiles at her and hugs.


Kathena and Xella

Xella Steward: "I don't think...I can hunt the demon with you."

Kathena Mavendorf looks confused, but nods, "I would not want to put you in harms way. You are my dear friend Xella."

Xella Steward looks at her and holds her hand.

Xella Steward: "I don't want you hunting him either,"

Xella Steward looks into her eyes, knowing she will do all she can to protect those she cares about.

Kathena Mavendorf blinks with a blank expression not sure what she means, "What do you mean Xella?"

Xella Steward: "The demon will kill you, just like he did Dina."

Xella Steward: "He is trying to protect himself."

Kathena Mavendorf eyes tear up a bit with pain and anger combined. With her jaw clenched, "He is trying to destroy us! He's already killed Dina. He's kidnapped and tortured me trying to get information on Jaekob. HE IS A MONSTER!"

Xella Steward hugs her tight.

Xella Steward sighs.

Xella Steward: "He is misunderstood."

Kathena Mavendorf is very stiff and trembling with anger. She pulls away and looks at her with controlled anger. "Xella, I know you to be naive, but I never thought you stupid!"

Xella Steward blinks and stares at her.

Xella Steward: "I am not stupid."

Xella and Katthena

Kathena Mavendorf is flushed and trembling, begins to pace trying to control her anger. "He hunted me down, like I was prey.....he took me against my will, took GREAT pleasure in causing me pain, and killed our dearest friend!" Pauses her pacing to look at her directly, "You would believe this.....THING...is misunderstood?!"

Xella Steward looks at her, into her eyes.

Xella Steward: "Please, I don't want you to get hurt!"

Xella Steward sighs and passes, shaking.

Kathena Mavendorf walks up to her and looks her directly in her eyes. Speaking in a very deliberate and slow pace with her voice showing signs of strain as she keeps herself from shouting. "I don't care if I DIE in this pursuit, but I swear to you on all the gods, my ancestors and Dina's spirit....I WILL TAKE HIM WITH ME!" shouting her last words, her anger overtaking her.

Kathena Mavendorf takes a couple of steps towards her vardo then turns to face her again. "And anyone that stands in my way, is NO better than he!"

Xella Steward stands, and looks at her, "Kat..."

Xella Steward nods and walks to her, her eyes glowing.

Kathena Mavendorf watches her carefully, worried about the glow in her eyes.

Xella Steward: "Kat, come here."

Kathena Mavendorf breathes loudly then steps closer.

Xella Steward: "Kat, look into my eyes."

Kathena Mavendorf arches an eyebrow, her hand immediately moving to grasp her amulet instinctively for protection, "Are you going to help me?"

Xella Steward nods "Yes, ill help you."

Xella Steward eyes glow as she trys to hypnotize her.

Kathena Mavendorf feels a strange pull coming from Xella keeping her from walking away. Her mind beginning to panic. She grasps her amulet hard in her hand to the point it begins to cut into her skin.

Xella Steward: "Kat, you do not want to hunt the demon."

Xella Steward's voice is calm and hypnotic.

 Kathena Mavendorf for a moment she hears Xella as an echo in her mind. Her sight becomes fuzzy and she struggles to keep herself calm.

Xella Steward watches Kat and keeps stareing into his eyes.

Kathena Mavendorf hears herself screaming in her mind, focusing all of her thoughts on the pain the Demon caused, Dina's dead body, Jaekob suffering.

Xella Steward touches Kat's face "Do not fight, you will be killed."

Xella Steward feels a tear fall as she stares into Kat's eyes.

Kathena Mavendorf the moment she felt Xella touch her face, she reacted. Kathena begins to chant an incantation in an ancient language of her people as she grasps her amulet, softly at first, but then louder and louder until she is able to close her eyes, as she screams the words out loud.

Xella Steward jumps back, wincing as the her spell chatters.

Kathena Mavendorf pulls away from Xella, finally free. And looks at her with seething anger and pain, "How COULD you?!!!!"

Xella Steward looks at her, "I wanted to help you."

Xella Steward: "I only tried to keep you......safe."

Kathena Mavendorf still grasping her amulet, "You stay away from me! You hear me?! If you EVER try that again, I swear I will forget you are my friend and I will end you!"

Xella Steward backs up trembling.

Xella Steward runs into the woods.

Kathena Mavendorf pulls her dagger and throws it hard against a nearby tree with a rage filled scream, the dagger impaling into the trunk.




No comments:

Post a Comment