Sunday, October 2, 2016

Allergic to Purple Mushrooms, Part 2



From Part 1:
Saphira feels a strange tickling all over her body. She looks down amazed: her skin has turned a decidedly yellow cast, with strange purple dots appearing everywhere.


Allergic to Purple Mushrooms


Fiesty turns back as the sounds cease. Fiesty: "Oh my"
Saphira hisses with alarm. "Lady Talia, was there anything unusual about that cow I should have known?"
Fiesty's eyes are wide
Talia: "It was an extra special fed cow"
Saphira: "Extra special? Fed with what?"
Talia: "Is this a dragon skin? with Polka dots?"
Saphira: "No, this is NOT a normal dragon skin"
Talia: "Is that camouflage?"
Saphira Mistwalker: "What happened to me? What was in that cow?"
Talia: "I wanted purple cream."
Saphira: "And? What did you do to the cow?"
Talia: "Everyone can understand wanting purple cream right? Well, I did the sensible thing. I fed purple Fairyland mushrooms to the cow."
Fiesty holds her hand to her mouth
Saphira growls and gestures at herself in disgust. "Fae mushrooms! You know those have odd effects on other races! Look at me!"
Talia: "You look very cheery. Why I want to connect the dots on your skin."
Copper squints and does see strange coloring on the ambassador
Saphira shakes her head, feeling a bit strange beyond her appearance.
Talia: "Does anyone have a quill pen and ink for me to connect the dots?"
Saphira hisses warningly. "Stay away fae."
Myrtle nearly giggles, but restrains herself
Talia backs up a step as the dragon hisses
Fiesty: "Oh no..."
Saphira blinks and giggles. "Um, I am feeling very strange."
Talia: "I can find more mushrooms to see if they turn the spots a different color""
Talia: "How about we dye all of your skin the same color as the dots?"

Enough of Fae Mushrooms

Saphira hisses again. "No, I think I have had enough of fae mushrooms for today."
Talia looks at Fiesty "Maybe the Hobbits know what to do."
Fiesty: "Um, I canna say anything but a purge". "And that might be fatal also".
Saphira looks around. "Lady Fiesty, I am not sure I want the rest of this cow. You may keep the silver, but I am not sure you want to feed it to anyone else."
Fiesty: "Oh, I ain't gnna do that"
Talia: "Maybe it will make purple leather."
Fiesty: "I could get some Dillonweed and a few herbs"
Saphira giggles, quite out-of-character given her appearance. "Oh, don't worry Lady Fiesty, I will be fine."
Fiesty: "Copper, have the boys dispose of this tainted meat"
Copper: "Yes Mam"
Saphira tries to look serious, but bursts out giggling again.
Talia: "See, no problem, Lady Saphira is quite pleased with her new skin."
Saphira blinks again, and her thoughts turn to dwarves. "You know, I'll bet the dwarves moving in north of here would love a home-warming gift."
Talia: "A big barrel of mead for the dwarves?"
Saphira: "I think I have some gold coins they would really like."
Talia: "Like the ones I swam in?"
Saphira: "Yes, exactly. I could take that whole chest over to their caverns."
Fiesty's eyes go big
Saphira giggles again.
Talia: "I would like a home warming gift too!"
Fiesty: "Oh no Ambassador, I think that is an overly generous thing to do". "Yer might regret it in the mornin"
Saphira: "No no, I have made up my mind. Safe paths all"
Talia: "I never regret anything. It's a Fae blessing"
Fiesty looks flabbergasted

Saphira launches herself skyward a bit unsteadily. She giggles and waves as she flies off.
Fiesty waves at the Ambassador as she flies away.  Fiesty shakes her head "Fae Talia, I don't think you have heard the last of this"
Talia: "You mean, Lady Saph will come with gold presents? I should feed Fairy mushrooms to more cows to see if she gives me some shinies."
Fiesty: "NO, no more feedin me cows!"
Fiesty: "You will not do so on my land!"
Talia: "the cow liked the mushrooms"
Fiesty: "I forbid yer doin that!. They be Shire cows!"
Talia sighs but wants to continue to eat Fiesty's food so she won't feed mushrooms to cows. "I'll stop if you feed me."
Fiesty: "I'll feed yer Fae"
Talia: "Yay!" The Fae jumps up and claps her hands, dropping a purple mushroom by accident.
Myrtle goes home, the excitement over
Fiesty points to the mushroom. "Pick that up and take it with yer"
Talia: "oh, did I drop that?"
Copper turns to gather his scouts to clean up the cow remains
Copper: "I think we will bury this lot in the mountains"
Talia: "Maybe mushrooms will grow in the grass"
Fiesty: "No mushrooms here. That's me final word"
Talia: "Too bad" The Fae picks up the fairy mushroom and tucks it in her waistband

The Treasure Delivered

Saphira arrives back at her cave. Her gaze settles on the treasure chest against one wall. With a decisive nod she slams the lid and drags the chest outside. She transforms to her dragon form, but still with an odd yellow tinge and purple spots. She grabs the treasure chest in her claws and with a great flap of her wings becomes airborne. Shadow dragons are not as large as other dragons, and it is a heavy load to bear any distance. She manages to carry the chest to the dwarvish caverns without a major crash.

Saphira drags and pushes the chest into the main entry hall of the realm and flings it open. The dwarf guards can not but stare in shock at the oddly colored dragon and her treasure. She hisses laughter and smiles. "Greetings from the Shadow Dragon clan". Saphira turns away from the astonished dwarves and leaves the caverns.

Exhausted from her work, she flies slowly home, transforms to her humanoid form and curls up to sleep in her cave. Saphira wakes the next morning with a ferocious headache. "Oh, by the Great Mother, that is the last time I trust an unknown cow for my dinner."  Saphira glances down at herself, seeing her human skin has returned to a normal color. She scans her cave, was everything here? Where has her treasure chest gone? She lets loose a long stream of draconic curses. She remembers now how she gleefully carried an ENTIRE treasure chest of gold over to the dwarves.

The Chest is Missing


Saphira hisses and then sighs. "Ah well, at least the Shadow Dragon clan has extended a peaceful greeting to the dwarves. One way or another though, fae Talia is going to pay for this." Saphira feels her stomach rumble again. "And I still need to find a good meal."

1 comment: