Friday, October 21, 2016

Refugees, Part 2


Odd Spot for a Tent, Sir

Talia.Sunsong tries an arrow in the bow and shoots at fish in water.
Fiesty Lotus shifts a little back
Saphira Mistwalker winces when the bow twangs and looks to see where the arrow went.
The arrow splashes into rock
Fiesty Lotus: “Last we heard you were livin on the edge of Shadowlands.”
Winter Silversmith: “I lost my ledge in a great fire; I barely escaped with my life.”
Talia.Sunsong: “How exciting.”
Saphira Mistwalker nods. "I did not see you over there, so I had hoped you escaped."
Winter Silversmith: Yes, I awoke one day to the smell of smoke and my boat was gone.
Fiesty Lotus: “It's a long way from there to the Shire.”
Fiesty Lotus: How did you cross the river then?
Winter Silversmith: “It is. Good thing I can swim.”
Fiesty Lotus: “Oh my!”
Saphira Mistwalker smiles. "Flying is better."
Winter Silversmith: “I swam, slowly and got ashore near the farm.”
Fiesty Lotus nods
Fiesty Lotus: “So, your flock- did they perish?”
Winter Silversmith: “I hope they escaped but they are not as good swimmers I fear.”
Talia.Sunsong:  “Did the cream giving animals survive?”
Winter Silversmith:  “I had sheep so no cream.”
Fiesty Lotus shakes her head but stands riveted at Winter’s tale.
Winter Silversmith:  “My dog was trapped over near the caves when the fires swept across the land, I do not know if he made it.”
Fiesty Lotus: “Oh that is sad.”
Saphira Mistwalker sighs. "I hope he got away."
Talia.Sunsong: “If I spot him when I'm flying I'll pick him up.”
Winter Silversmith: “Me too, Bear has been a most loyal companion.”
Saphira Mistwalker:  “I will keep an eye out for him; perhaps he fled north into Taibreamh.”
Winter Silversmith: “Perhaps, he is a smart one.”
Fiesty Lotus: “Yes- Taibreamh would not reject a dog.”
Winter Silversmith:  “Good.”

Fae Talia

Winter Silversmith looks at Talia Sunsong.
Winter Silversmith:  “I ramble, you are, fishing?”
Talia.Sunsong: ” I'm fishing with arrows.”
Winter Silversmith: “Oh that is quite a challenge.”
Saphira Mistwalker giggles. "Lady Talia wishes to learn bow. I fear for anyone near her line-of-fire."
Talia.Sunsong:  “I’m Danger Fae; I can take on a challenge.” (Strikes a pose)
Winter Silversmith laughs.
Talia.Sunsong:  “Twirls her bow and sings the "Danger Fae" theme song.”
Saphira Mistwalker shakes her head and whispers to Lady Fiesty, "are you sure she didn't hurt her head when she ran into that tree?"
Winter Silversmith: “ Tree? Ouch!”
Fiesty Lotus shakes her head. She whispers, "She be Fae- they can't be harmed unless yer blow em up"
Saphira Mistwalker nods and giggles.
Talia.Sunsong:  knocks on her head "I'm indestructible."
Winter Silversmith: “ Ah, I have very little experience with the Fae. We did meet once though I think, before, in RiverLands.”
Talia.Sunsong:  “I remember.” (Jumps up and down)
Winter Silversmith:  “Are there places to live here, perhaps to start a farm? I have been staying near the bridge in a small wood these past two nights.”
Fiesty Lotus: “Well- Most of the Riverlands folks are going over the mountain ter Bree.”
Saphira Mistwalker looks at Winter and then at Fiesty, "Perhaps he can find a place there to set up a farm?"
Winter Silversmith:  “Bree, I have never been. I kept to the Shadowlands and Riverlands and would catch a ship from Cheshire to Manitou.”
Fiesty Lotus: “Well, I do know a famer who be migratin to other parts.”
Saphira Mistwalker: Oh my, can you catch ship from the Brandyfields dock to Manitou?
Fiesty Lotus: “He would want a pretty penny fer his property.”
Fiesty Lotus: “ You be the first one askin so I could put in a good word fer ya.”
Winter Silversmith: Well, my lands in Manitou burned so I would be wanting to start a decent farm here, crops, sheep.”
Talia.Sunsong: “I will scout around for cream, I mean marauders.”
Winter Silversmith:  “Perhaps marauders bearing cream.” (Smiles)
Talia.Sunsong: “Fare well.”
Talia.Sunsong: waves and flies off.
Winter Silversmith waves to Talia
Saphira Mistwalker:  “Good even Lady Talia, and safe paths.”
Talia.Sunsong:  “Farewell folk I protect.”
Fiesty Lotus: Good night Fair Talia
Saphira Mistwalker shakes her head at "Danger Fae".
Saphira Mistwalker: I am afraid that fae is a danger alright, just not the way she thinks.

Fiesty Meets with Winter

Fiesty Lotus to Winter:  “I will have a talk with the farmer- perhaps we can come to an arrangement.”
Winter Silversmith: “Oh thank you. It would be nice to have a home again.”
Winter Silversmith: “To jump in to life can be an adventure.”
Saphira Mistwalker:  “Aye, that it is.”
Saphira Mistwalker: “I should be going as well; I have a bit of a flight back to Taibreamh and my cave.”
Saphira Mistwalker: “I hope you will find a place to start a farm Lord Winter.”
Winter Silversmith: “Great to see you again Saphira, so happy you did not perish in the fires.”
Saphira Mistwalker: Good even and warm winds to you both.
Winter Silversmith: “And to you Lady Saphira.”
Fiesty Lotus: “Good night Lady Saphira.”
With that Fiesty and Winter parted, agreeing to meet the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment