Wednesday, November 25, 2015

ArchDruid Fitheach shares good and bad news with Amethyst

Amethyst McMahon knocks softly at the door to ArchDruid Fitheach's working place in Taibreamh, waiting anxiously for answer from within.

Fitheach Eun hear the knock and turns asking: " Who is there?"
"Fitheach, it is Amethyst. May I come in, I've been trying to see you for days..."
Fitheach opens the door excitedly; "Come in Ame, I have great news!"
Amethyst brightens when she sees the expectant face of the Druid Elf, "You do? What is it?"
Fitheach turns to regard the old grimoire on the desk again contemplatively...
Amethyst follows Fit's gaze to the leatherbound book.
Fitheach: "You just missed Gabe; we were finally able to make that stasis potion work. It seems the ingredients had to go in a specific order and it was not the one in the book. The unicorn horn must go last!"
Amethyst beams and takes a step closer to the desk, "Oh my, that is wonderful news! Well done the both of you! I was just with Audrey and the Cheshire Cat is quite near death."
Fitheach: "The potion did not explode in a cloud of nasty smoke this time; Gabe has run back to the Citadel with it to give it to the cat."
Amethyst runs a hand through her hair, "I passed Gabe on the bridge, but he was in such a hurry and would not stop, only called to tell me that I should seek you out here! So the Cat can be saved...", she claps her hands with joy, "that is such good news. Audrey will be so relieved."

Fitheach: "Well it will not make him whole but he will get no worse and perhaps we will have time to get the collar back. It is a shame it took us so long but my ancestor could have done a better job of transcribing that recipe..."
Amethyst shakes her head, "No, Fit. You and Gabe have been working tirelessly for weeks. This Dark Magic is extremely rare and only a few souls would have found a solution."
Fitheach: "Gabe has been tireless pursuing this; he will be a fine mage one day."
Amethyst smiles faintly, "Tis true. He has made such progress."

Amethyst looks at the ethereal Elf with concern, "..but can we move the Cat? You heard of the Drow scouring the Citadel the other night? What says the Elven Council?"
Fitheach Eun looks soberly back at Ame; "The elven guard wanted to attack the Shadowlands, but I counseled patience. We must know more about their strength before we go barging in..."
Amethyst gasps in alarm, "yes, do we have enough troops for that? Do we know what faces us in the Shadow Lands?"
Fitheach: "Exactly my concern; we do not know what force they may have and what traps they have laid..."
Fitheach: "...and I keep hoping the Aran will return."

Amethyst McMahon bites her lip, her eyes downcast... "that is also the reason I have sought you out. Where is he, Fit? Do you know?"
Fitheach looks back at Ame sympathetically; "I am afraid I do not know where he has gone, only that he is seeking some help."
Fitheach: "If help is to be had, he will find it."
Amethyst takes a deep breath, "Aye, that is what his note said... but...", she hesitates, "he was never gone so long before!"
Fitheach: "It must be very hard for you. Not knowing where or how he is?"
Amethyst suppresses a sob, "I..I.. it seems so strange that no one knows of his journey. I just hope he did not enter the Shadow Lands alone."
Fitheach Eun regards Ame with concern: "He did promise me that he would not and he had a pack with him when he left us, so I think he expected a long journey."
"I just wish I knew where and how long he might be."

Amethyst frowns, "he did?", she sighs, "well, thank you for telling me this and for your time today, Fit. I will ask the Ranger to accompany me back to the Citadel to see Audrey and Gabriel and check on the progress of the Cat."
Fitheach: "Let me know if you need anything Ame, are the elven guards staying close?"
Amethyst smiles warmly as she turns to leave, "Yes, I am being constantly "shadowed", on Jaek's orders. I am so glad your research paid off. You can be very proud of having worked out what will help keep the Cat alive."
Fitheach: "I am so glad it finally worked."
Amethyst McMahon: "...as am I. Take care, Fit. These are dark days and we are all in danger it seems... even if the true reason for these attacks remains unknown..."
Fitheach Eun: "Safe paths, Ame"
Amethyst McMahon leaves the hut and makes her way across the meadows of Taibreamh to the bridge leading to the Citadel, clutching her cloak close as the moon rises and the cold wind blows around her...

No comments:

Post a Comment