Saturday, July 23, 2016

Copper and Sirius Talk


Copper Heads for the Inn

Sirius Moonwolf: has just sat down for some food when he sees Copper enter "Greetings"
Copper Lotus: Ahh, Greetins Master Sirius
Copper Lotus: You on lunch? Got time fer a quick one?
Sirius Moonwolf: "I just sat down to eat, but if you need something, I can see what I can come up with for you"
Copper Lotus: Naw- I am gonna go get me an ale and be right back.
Sirius Moonwolf: nods and turns back to his food and takes a couple of bites while waiting

Copper Lotus returns with an ale and sits down across from Sirius.
Copper Lotus takes a deep draft of his beer and sets it down
Copper Lotus: So Master Sirius, what kin I do fer you?
Sirius Moonwolf: looks confused at the question "I am not sure, I am still new here, only a couple weeks now or so, I have work here to help pay my way now, so not sure"
Copper Lotus: I'm a guessin you'd like to know what all the jumpin and searchin is all about?
Copper Lotus: The Ambassador and the elves and all?
Sirius Moonwolf: I have heard some , but being new here , I don’t know all the people , I understand that the Aran was an Elder of some sort here , but more than that , I cannot be of much help.

Sirius and Copper Meet

Copper Lotus: Well, I kin fill you in. You workin here steady and all. It's like this. The Aran is King of all the Riverlands- not just leader of the elves. He had found his perfect mate in the Lady Amethyst.
Copper Lotus: She was human. But they were a match
Copper Lotus: And then she up and disappeared.
Copper Lotus: So, elves only mate once yer know.
Sirius Moonwolf: listens patiently as Copper explains
Copper Lotus: He tried to find her and then went about doin his kingly things fer a while. But we think it became too much fer him
Copper Lotus: He went off and we believe that our good merchant Juste and the head of the elven guard went with him- or after him
Copper Lotus: So, the kingdom is in turmoil and the elders and the peoples have got ter figure sumthin out

Sirius Moonwolf: I hope all is well, I have heard some mention of people concerned about Drow as well?
Copper Lotus: Yes, we all hope this gets better. And yes, there were Drow a creepin round fer a time. I lost a good scout to one of them nasties
Copper Lotus: Oh and there be marauders about. They burned the kings castle down!
Copper Lotus: We think they be human
Copper Lotus: Well, that's about the worst of it.
Sirius Moonwolf: I hope I am not suspect, since I am new here
Copper Lotus: Yer seem industrious, I think you will do well here if yer keep on bein steady
Copper Lotus: So then, tell me about yerself.

Sirius Moonwolf: thinks for a moment, gathering his thoughts "I really don't know much about where I was born and such, my parents were killed when I was very young, I am told that my mother was Elven and my father Human, but I am not entirely sure of my background as I don't remember. I was placed into a village where while growing up, I was treated not very kindly, and eventually was forced to leave even though I have never done anything wrong. I have traveled about a few years now , doing odd jobs here and there , but never have really felt at home anywhere , so kept moving after a month or two , a couple weeks or so ago , I arrived here on a boat , and have been trying to do my best to earn my way"

Copper and Sirius Talk

Copper Lotus: Why'd them folk treat you bad? If yer didn't do nothin wrong?
Copper Lotus: Oh were they human?
Sirius Moonwolf: "yes"
Copper Lotus: Maybe they didna like your heritage.
Sirius Moonwolf: "That is a very good possibility"
Copper Lotus: That be the case with lotsa folks. We got some folks in the Shire that don't like much of anything that's not nailed down.
Copper Lotus: Well Master Sirius. Do you have an idea of what you would like to do? Learn a profession? I could steer ya to some master bakers or smiths.
Sirius Moonwolf: "I have not given that much thought as of yet, especially since I have never really been in one place long enough to learn much” then sighs

Copper Lotus nods
Copper Lotus: Well, if you stay awhile you may find  sumthin yer like. We treat people fair here.
Sirius Moonwolf: "I hope so, this constant moving around is getting tiring"
Copper Lotus drains his beer.
Sirius Moonwolf: looks around and notices that he is overdue getting back to work "Sorry I need to get back to work, thank you for the information"
Copper Lotus stands and says "Well, I kin tell you will be a good un ter have around.’
Copper Lotus: See yer soon
Sirius Moonwolf: stands as well and nods "Safe journeys"
Copper Lotus: yer too.
Copper Lotus leaves the tavern.

No comments:

Post a Comment