Monday, July 4, 2016

A Stranger and Some Sorrowful News at Market


Saphira and Sirius

Sirius Moonwolf stands talking to Lady Saphira, with his youngish appearance of only about 18 years old "Ah. Well there are good and bad in all races" then sees another stranger approaching "Hi there!"
Saphira Mistwalker: Ah, greetings Lady Fiesty.
Fiesty Lotus huffs her way to her stall. “ Greetins Ambassador. I be sorry ter be so late.”
Fiesty Lotus lays out her goods and notices a stranger there
Saphira Mistwalker smiles at Sirius. "This is one of the Archdruids of these lands, Lady Fiesty. Lady Fiesty, this traveler goes by the name Sirius."
Fiesty Lotus: Greetins sir
Sirius Moonwolf: nods to Fiesty and gives greetings again "Greetings, I just arrived here off the boat a bit ago"
Fiesty Lotus: Well, welcome then
Fitheach Eun runs into the market looking as agitated as an elf can
Saphira Mistwalker sniffs the ether and turns to the east. Saphira Mistwalker: Greetings Lady FItheach
Sirius Moonwolf: "Saphira mentioned that the inn over there to the south is a good place for lodging" then notices another stranger coming up and says "Greetings"
Fiesty Lotus: Druid Sister, you do look flushed
Fitheach Eun stops and looks from the ambassador to Fiesty,: and nods briefly to the stranger
Saphira Mistwalker: Aye, is something amiss?
Fitheach Eun: Yes I am afraid so... I have just come from Calenhad...
Fiesty Lotus: yes?
Fitheach Eun: The Aran is missing; he left a note...
Fiesty Lotus: Missin?
Fitheach Eun looks helplessly at the papers in her hand
Fiesty Lotus: Let’s see em then.
Saphira Mistwalker: Oh! I noticed it was quite still when I flew over Calenhad earlier. What is the nature of the note?
Fiesty Lotus holds out her hand
Fitheach Eun: Yes a note; here
Fiesty Lotus reads; this be bad
Saphira Mistwalker looks over Fiesty's shoulder and frowns
Fitheach Eun: Very bad I fear
Sirius Moonwolf: listens briefly to the conversation, wondering if he should stay or move on, and turns back to the stall to look at the wares again, thinking to himself

Archdruid Fiesty
Fitheach Eun: All the elves are out searching for him. They cannot find him or Ettrian
Saphira Mistwalker: Hmm, I will have to make some flights as well, if he is near, I should be able to sense him.
Fitheach Eun: Please Ambassador, we need to find him.
Saphira Mistwalker nods solemnly. "This is indeed troubling news."
Fitheach Eun sigh; "It worries me that he has gone to look for Lady Amethyst."  We never found any hint of the path she might have taken
Saphira Mistwalker: Aye, and with the lands already in turmoil from the drow and the human marauders.
Fiesty Lotus: I heard a rumor that she was last seen somewhere near the Shadowlands.
Sirius Moonwolf: not sure of who all the people being talked about are , feels a little out of place at the moment , wanders over to another stall and looks at the wares there
Fitheach Eun: well they found something of hers near there
Saphira Mistwalker: Who did the Aran leave in charge?
Fitheach Eun casts a glance over her shoulder at the stranger suspiciously
Fiesty Lotus looks at the stranger so young
Fitheach Eun: He did not say in the note, Lady Saphira
Saphira Mistwalker: And the council? Have they made any statement?
Fitheach Eun: The council will have to choose someone
Fiesty Lotus: Here Sirius, is it?
Fitheach Eun: The council is out hunting for him as well
Saphira Mistwalker hisses at the turn of events.
Fiesty Lotus: I think I may be goin early terday so you can help yerself to the samples
Sirius Moonwolf: intent on the wares in front of him , he misses the glance and looks directed at him but does hear his name and looks up and turns to those gathered "Yes?"
Fitheach Eun wonders what else can be safely said in front of the visitor and stops speaking
Fiesty Lotus: Come over and get yerself some food
Saphira Mistwalker hisses "Tir yth ti tepoha aurthon xihoodic? (Do we not have enough troubles?)"
Sirius Moonwolf: "Ah, thank you, I have some coin on me, but not sure if it is used in this realm?"
Fitheach Eun nods, indeed, Ambassador
Fiesty Lotus whispers "he is but a boy"
Fitheach Eun turns to the stranger and sees that Fiesty is correct. “ Vedui, young master; welcome to the River Lands.”
Fiesty Lotus: Yes take some food - I think I shall be goin soon
Saphira Mistwalker: What have you for coin my lord? It may be I could trade you for some of what they use here; we dragons are more concerned with worth than origin.
Fiesty Lotus: These be samples
Fitheach Eun: I am Fitheach, elf and archdruid of these lands
Saphira Mistwalker blushes. "Pardon my manners, I did not introduce you Lady Fitheach."
Sirius Moonwolf: nods "Thank you, I just arrived today off of the boat, I hope to find a job soon, anything would do, I only have a little coin left so am trying to be careful with it" pulls the bag out and takes a couple of coins out and lays them in the palm of his hand so the others can see
Fiesty Lotus: You say you landed? Where from may I ask?
Sirius Moonwolf: "From a land far from here named Avildon"
Fiesty Lotus nods
All Hear the News
Fitheach Eun: I fear you have chosen a somewhat chaotic time to visit us
Saphira Mistwalker: Aye, these lands are somewhat beset at present, and the people a tad distrustful of strangers.
Sirius Moonwolf: sighs "I fear that is the case in a lot of the places I have been to, so I kept moving on"
Fitheach Eun: "Though Fergus over at the inn often needs extra help; you might check with him."
Fiesty Lotus stares hard at the pavement- as if it could clear her mind
Saphira Mistwalker: Please, accept our hospitality and stay a bit, these are goodly people, and I am probably the most fearful creature here at present.
Sirius Moonwolf: nods "I shall check with him then"
Fitheach Eun: "And in this season the farms, too often need an extra pair of hands"
Fitheach Eun looks to her druid sister seeking some assurance...
Sirius Moonwolf: "thank you, I do not mind hard work"
Fiesty Lotus smiles at that
Fitheach Eun smiles back at her weakly and tell the stranger:  "the farms are off to the west of the town"
Fiesty Lotus: Take you food from the table. Ambassador, Sister can I get you both anything?
Sirius Moonwolf: guessing the coins are worthless here, shrugs, and places them back into his bag
Fitheach Eun: Try the samples; young sir, Fiesty is a most amazing cook
Saphira Mistwalker smiles, watching Sirius put away his coins. "I am sure Lady Fiesty has something you could eat, coins or no."
Fitheach Eun turns back to Fiesty; “I think some mead might help, dear sister."
Sirius Moonwolf: nods, "thank you" and takes one small sample, not wanting to be seen as greedy and tastes it, pleasantly surprised at the taste "Very delicious"
Fiesty Lotus: Oh yes!
Fiesty Lotus pulls out an extra flagon
Fitheach Eun smiles a bit; " there is no finer cook in the lands and only one who can equal, though we have not seem him lately."
Saphira Mistwalker giggles and with a mischievous grin remarks, "We dragons find it better to support the hobbits for their good cooking then eat them out right."
Fiesty Lotus takes a glass for herself and hands out other glasses
Fitheach Eun takes one of the glasses and grips it tightly
Saphira Mistwalker: Rather then, that is.
Fiesty Lotus is so engrossed in her thoughts she doesn't even notice the playful threat
Fitheach Eun smiles; "That would be a waste, Ambassador.”
Saphira Mistwalker: Aye, it would
Sirius Moonwolf: feeling a little out of place still, since he is new here, and not certain how things go, lets his gaze wander around
Fiesty Lotus: Suddenly Fiesty looks up and says loudly "that's it!"
Saphira Mistwalker startles slightly, "What?"
Sirius Moonwolf: startled, jumps back
Fitheach Eun raises an eyebrow
Saphira Mistwalker looks to her right and smiles. 'Greetings Lady Sunbeam."
Fiesty Lotus looks at Druid Fit and says "the statue, the one I gave to Lady Amethyst to see if Jaekob was still living!
Sirius Moonwolf: looks up at the new stranger :Greetings"
Fitheach Eun follows Saphira's gaze and smiles slightly; "Vedui Lady Sunbeam"
Fae Sunbeam

Fiesty Lotus: Oh Greetings Fae Sunbeam
Saphira Mistwalker: Oh, I remember you telling of that Lady Fiesty. Is it still about?
Fitheach Eun looks back to Fiesty hopefully; “Do you think it will tell you anything?"
Sunbeam Magic: Greetings Missy Fiesty
Fiesty Lotus: I will go to the cabin she was living in to search for it
Fiesty Lotus: It would at least tell the state of his health
Fitheach Eun: The Aran has not gone to that house since she disappeared. It should be undisturbed.
Saphira Mistwalker nods
Sunbeam Magic: nods at Druid Fitheach and Lady Saphira so as not to disturb the conversation
Fiesty Lotus: Fae Sunbeam, we have fearful news
Saphira Mistwalker glances over at Lady Sunbeam, "It seems the Aran has gone in search of his lady."
Fitheach Eun: "Indeed Lady Sunbeam he has disappeared leaving only a note"
Sunbeam Magic: "I wish him luck in finding his Lady love, he has not been the same since she disappeared"
Fitheach Eun: "That is sadly true"
Fiesty Lotus nods- yes, he has been prone to fits of melancholy
Fitheach Eun feels badly about the poor stranger and says "Do try some more of the food, young sir."
Saphira Mistwalker smiles brightly for a moment. "Greetings Lady Talia."
Talia.Sunsong: Humming strolls in; “Greetings!”
Sunbeam Magic: walks up to the stranger and introduces herself... Greetings, "My name is Lady Sunbeam.”
Fitheach Eun: " Fae Talia; Quel Undome."
Sirius Moonwolf: looks at the table, uncertain he should without being able to pay something in return, so is very hesitant
Sirius Moonwolf: turns to Sunbeam "Hi, I am Sirius"
Sunbeam Magic: "Nice to make your acquaintance Sirius, what brings you to our Market day?”
Sirius Moonwolf: "I just arrived here off the boat today"
Sunbeam Magic: turns to looks where the stranger is looking over her shoulder and sees her Fae sis
Talia.Sunsong: Fae sis! See my new crown?
Sunbeam Magic: "Greetings Lady Talia" walks over to give her Fae sis a gentle hug. "Oh my what a beautiful new crown, did mother give it to you?”
Talia.Sunsong: does secret Fae handshake
Talia.Sunsong: I found the crown
Saphira Mistwalker watches young Sirius, and shakes her head. "Kwi ihk chevips yth shilta ti tepoha wux nugriup (Oh for pity's sake, we cannot have you starving). “Here Lord Sirius, from the Shadow Dragons I give you a silver coin. Do get something substantial to eat.”
Fiesty Lotus: you found the crown?
Sunbeam Magic: "it looks like it belongs on your head"
Talia.Sunsong: Yes I found it in a hoard in a cave
Fiesty Lotus winces
Talia.Sunsong: I figured it was meant for me cause it looks so good on me
Fiesty Lotus: Uh Oh
Saphira Mistwalker looks over sharply at Lady Talia. "What hoard in WHAT cave?"
Sunbeam Magic: "oh I hope you were careful Lady Talia, you could of been hurt exploring in caves”
Talia.Sunsong: Not your cave. I can't get in that cave, I mean I wouldn't take from you. I got blown off course by high winds after drinking cream and found a strange cave
Sirius Moonwolf: nods his thanks to Saphira, and pulls a handful of other lands coins out of his bag and asks "Is there anything here that might interest you in exchange?"
Talia.Sunsong: looks to see if Sirius has cream
Sunbeam Magic: "How often do we tell you not to have cream and fly at the same time" sighs at her mischievous sister
Saphira Mistwalker looks critically at the coins in Sirius' hand and points to one. "That one looks to be about the same weight and size, if you feel you must, I will take it in exchange."
Talia.Sunsong: I don't know how many times you have told me not to drink cream and fly. You do it so often (counts fingers than takes shoes off to count toes)
Sirius Moonwolf: nods and pulls it out of the bunch and hands it to her, "I appreciate it, thank you again"
Sunbeam Magic: whispers to Lady Talia in an effort to change the subject about cream flying "isn't Lady Saphira nice to help out the stranger"
Saphira Mistwalker smiles. "You are most welcome Lord Sirius. Part of my work here as Ambassador is to increase good will for the Shadow Dragon clan, and I would be remiss to pass up this opportunity."
Talia.Sunsong: clueless, Talia nods "Lady Saph gave me a shiny coin once"
Saphira Mistwalker looks over at Lady Talia and smiles. "And do you still have it Lady Talia?"
Sunbeam Magic: "we will drink to that 'goodwill and peace for all "
Talia.Sunsong: pulls coin out of cleavage "It hasn't fallen out yet, even though I hit a few trees while flying"
Sirius Moonwolf: goes over to a stall to buy some food, grateful for the kindness here
Fiesty Lotus looks at Sirius
Talia.Sunsong: Hi there stranger I'm Fae Talia not Queen Talia, despite my pretty crown
Saphira Mistwalker shakes her head and sighs. "Have fae never heard of pouches?"
Fiesty Lotus: Well, I see yer got some coin.
Sunbeam Magic: "Love your new outfit Lady Talia, looks like Danger Fae indeed and goes so well with your new crown"
Sirius Moonwolf: turns to Talia "Greetings"
Fitheach Eun snickers: "She is also known as Danger Fae."
Fiesty Lotus: Kin I interest you in some ribs and corn?
Talia.Sunsong: Yay! You like my outfit? (runs fingers over fluffy shoulders)
Fiesty Lotus: Or some chicken parts?
Talia.Sunsong: Yes I am Danger Fae. I fight evil!
Sunbeam Magic: "indeed I like it very much"
Sirius Moonwolf: turns to Fiesty, "that would be very nice, thank you"
Saphira Mistwalker giggles. "Is a danger to the trees she collides with."
Fiesty Lotus: The ribs be 7 copper and the chicken 6
Talia.Sunsong: Trees fear me (nods head solemnly)
Sirius Moonwolf: hands over the silver for payment as that is all he has
Talia.Sunsong: I have mushrooms you can eat
Saphira Mistwalker laughs, feeling generous, and tosses Lady Fiesty 3 copper coins to make up for what Sirius does not have.
Sunbeam Magic: walks toward pies and sniffs
Fitheach Eun looks alarmed and warns Sirius: “Avoid the mushrooms if you value your life."
Talia.Sunsunsong: digs around in clothing for fairy mushrooms "I got them in the Fairylands"
Sirius Moonwolf: looks hesitant about the mushrooms, after finding some bad ones in a forest one time about a year ago
Fiesty Lotus: Oh dear - I think I will give them to you at a discount and a slice of jellyroll ter go with it
Talia.Sunsong: Well a gypsy told the truth after eating a mushroom and a hobbit hallucinated a giant chicken house after drinking Fae juice and they NEVER for get it. Forgive and forget I say. Have a mushroom?
Fiesty Lotus grabs the three coins nevertheless and shakes her head warningly
Sirius Moonwolf: shakes his head, “Not today, sorry"
Fiesty Lotus: Them mushrooms will be the death of the Shire
Talia.Sunsong: awwww too bad. Well more for me then
Talia.Sunsong: My mushrooms haven't killed any Shires that I know of

Fae Talia with her new Crown
Sunbeam Magic: "Are you watching over Juste's booth for him Missy Fiesty? I think I would like to purchase one for later this evening. Eating sweets help drive away the sadness"
Talia.Sunsong: I'll watch Hobbit food if you like
Talia.Sunsong: Looks for sweets and cream
Sunbeam Magic: "watch it you devour it" lol
Saphira Mistwalker hisses laughter. "You have that right."
Talia.Sunsong: I would have to sample the Hobbit food to make sure it wasn't stale
Fiesty Lotus: I am, but I did think he would be here tonight. He was going to take supplies to the king and come back this way
Talia.Sunsong: Come with cream?
Sirius Moonwolf: turns back to Saphira "I would like to hear more about your people sometime, I have met a couple of dragons in my travels that were very kind"
Sunbeam Magic: "oh my, hope he didn't decide to travel with the King on his quest"
Fiesty Lotus hands Sirius his food after packaging it up
Saphira Mistwalker smiles. "That is good to here. Too often we dragons are seen only as vicious and dangerous."
Sirius Moonwolf: turns back to Fiesty "Thank you"
Sunbeam Magic: "I would like to get the pumpkin pie if I may"
Talia.Sunsong: I have important Danger Fae business (is distracted by a butterfly).  I must away.
Fiesty Lotus: Goodbye Fae Talia
Fitheach Eun: Fair winds DF
Saphira Mistwalker: Good even Lady Talia
Talia.Sunsong: Farewell, fair folk!
Sunbeam Magic: "Pray for the Druid King Fae Talia"
Talia.Sunsong: is confused by pray but nods
Sirius Moonwolf: "Safe Journeys Talia"
Fiesty Lotus starts packing away her foods
Fitheach Eun nods to everyone: " I think I should get back to Calenhad and see if there is any news."
Fiesty Lotus: I think I need to see what is keeping Juste
Sunbeam Magic: rummages through her pouch and fines a silver and 4 coppers "What is the cost of the pumpkin pie MIssy Fiesty?"
Saphira Mistwalker sighs. "I must be leaving as well. I will make some flights over the nearby lands in hopes of sensing Aran Jaekob."
Fitheach Eun: Oh thank you Ambassador
Sunbeam Magic: "Perhaps you can hold onto the payment for Juste and give it to him when you see him"
Fiesty Lotus: Pumpkin is only 4 coppers this night Fae Sunbeam
Sirius Moonwolf: hopes that he will hear tales of Saphira's people like he asked and says "Safe journeys, thank you all for the kindness"
Saphira Mistwalker: Good morrow and safe paths to you all.
Fiesty Lotus: I shall
Sunbeam Magic: "Excellent!" hands over the 4 coppers
Fitheach Eun: Namaarie il'er
Sunbeam Magic: "I suppose Lady Talia will want to share my pie this evening. I follow her and try to keep her out of trouble"
Sunbeam Magic: "Good evening Missy Fiesty and Sirius"
Fiesty Lotus: Well young Sirius, I will be takin me leave - I will put in a good word for you with the Innkeeper
Sirius Moonwolf: "I think I will go over and see if I can get a room at the inn, thank you again"
Fiesty Lotus nods
Sunbeam Magic: Grabs her pie and jumps in the winds to catch up with Lady Talia
Fiesty Lotus waves at the fast disappearing Sunbeam

1 comment:

  1. It's heartwarming to read from you all at Market. How lovely to read of a new visitor to the Lands. Well played... and Talia deserves an Oscar - she always has me in stitches! <3

    ReplyDelete