Thursday, April 28, 2016

Marauders Attack Calenhad

Sometimes, we fail in our attempts too be beyond reproach. Recently I discovered one of our buildings was botted. I immediately removed it. Then I went to SL, sent a notecard to the owner and paid for the castle I had been using erroneously. My apologies to our wonderful grid for my grievous error.  This is my attempt to set the matter a'right ICly. - Jaekob

Jaekob Faolan walked across the great elven bridge that led to where his home had once stood proclaiming the majesty of the elven city of Calenhad. His shoulders were slumped as he moved closer to the elven guard.

Kathena Mavendorf grabs her pouch, careful not to put too much coin in it. No telling what kind of characters I'll find.at Falcon's Edge.  She makes her way to her horse, Shadow.

Jaekob Faolan swallowed hard and looked at the ruins of his home. Then he turned to the elven ranger that sent word to him in Cheshire, the human township.

Kathena Mavendorf brushes the mane playfully. "Hello there my friend. Business has been absent for far too long. If the smugglers won't come to us, we must go to the smugglers." She laughs and mounts her horse.
Kathena Mavendorf rides at a quick pace towards Falcon's Edge, on the other side of Calenhad.

Jaekob Faolan: "Milord," Ettrian says with his head bent a bit, "We tried to stop the marauders, Aran. There were half a dozen of them or so.. One of our rangers was grievously wounded, but he has been tended to. We killed two of them and it....they were human rogues I think."

Ettrian and the Aran
Kathena Mavendorf as she approaches Calenhad she catches the scent of smoke and ash and begins to see smoke in the distance. "Gods, what has happened? Shadow we must be careful." Approaches carefully.

Jaekob Faolan nods, chewing on his lip and walks toward the ranger, putting a hand gently on his shoulder. "You fought well, brother. There is no guilt to be found here, my friend. I am thankful for your due diligence and actions for our lands."
[15:04] Jaekob Faolan: Ettrian falls silent, watching his Aran move about, his shoulders still slumped.

[15:11] Kathena Mavendorf spots the smoke and follows it to where the castle should be standing, then jumps off her horse, having spotted Jaekob in the distance.
[15:13] Kathena Mavendorf runs up to Jaekob and his guard. Nods quickly at Ettrian, then immediately addressed Jaekob. "Jaek, what's happened here?!"

Ettrian snaps to attention, his hand gripping at his dagger, "Who are you that approaches the Aran?"

Jaekob Faolan: "She is a friend, brother," he nods to the ranger.

Kathena Mavendorf gives the guard a look. "Kathena, not that it matters to you soldier!"

Kathena Talks Back
Jaekob Faolan: "Relax the both of you," he says,  his face cold and passive."

Kathena Mavendorf: shows her hands and turns in a circle slowly, "I'm unarmed. As you can well see."

Jaekob Faolan: "Kathena, my dear, " he says turning for a moment to look at her. Slowly he turns his gazee to the burning ruins.. "It seems we were attacked and my....my.... It was burned to the ground."

The Aran Tells of the Burning
Kathena Mavendorf looks around at the ruins and ash with a look of sadness and worry for her friend. "Jaekob, what has happened? Are you hurt?"

Jaekob Faolan shakes his head, long lengths of red hair dancing on his shoulders, "One ranger was injured. Two of the rogues were killed."

Kathena Mavendorf looks sternly at the guard. "You there, who did this? How could they get this close within your walls?"

Jaekob Faolan: Ettrian looks down, his posture still one of protecting his Aran, "We are unsure mi'lady. As best we can tell, they came through the pass between the Shadow Lands and the Citadel."

Kathena Mavendorf looks at Jaekob her face reflecting her worry for him. "Jaekob, I know your guards to be extremely well trained and very good at their jobs. For people to be able to get in here.....they, .....well they must be professionals at what they do."

Jaekob Faolan nods, looking at her with a worried look. "We have bodies of the two who were killed. Perhaps, that will give us some clue when I inspect them."

Kathena Mavendorf narrows her eyes slightly as she ponders the thought. "May I see them?"

Kathena, the Gypsy
Jaekob Faolan: "The bodies, it seems are mostly unrecognizable. But we have their weapons and some of their belongings. Could you possibly stay overnight in Calenhad and we will examine them together?"

Jaekob Faolan cocks his head, "Why do you want to see them Kathena?"

Kathena Mavendorf locks her eyes on him as she tries her best to give a tactful answer. "Let's just say, in my travels I have made connections with not so honorable characters. I might recognize one, or perhaps something they carry."

Jaekob Faolan draws in a deep breath, "Then stay the night hmmm and tomorrow we will see what there is to be found out about the two rogues."

Kathena Mavendorf nods, "Aye. I think it would be a good idea. I can make my way to Falcon's Edge tomorrow or the day after."

Jaekob Faolan: me nods as he turns around to look solemnly on the burning ruins. "Aye, my dear. We WILL get to the end of this," and turning to the ranger, "See her too the city and see that she is provided with accommodations"

Jaekob and the Fire
Jaekob Faolan: Ettrian bows to his Aran and nods to the bridge, "Follow me mi'lady."

Kathena Mavendorf nods, "Lead on soldier."

No comments:

Post a Comment