Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Evienne on the Prowl

Evienne duLac drapes herself picturesquely on the soft grass beneath Calenhad and converses animatedly with the blue whale circling the rocks just beyond the coastline...

The low hum coming from the majestic creature of the deep makes the Lady of the Lake suddenly perk up and glance swiftly over her shoulder towards Druid Cottage, where the Elven King resides with his simpering mate.
Evienne scrunches up her petite nose and blows a wisp of her newly strawberry toned hair out of her face, "ugh, that dull, mousy human. The Nymphs only know what the Elven King sees in her," she continues in her most self righteous manner, "...and truth be told, I would make such a perfectly wonderful Queen of these wondrous Lands... which are almost as luscious and magical as I am!"

Her attention is suddenly focused solely on the white figure positioned outside the door to the Cottage and she rises slowly, a haphazard wave of thanks towards the whale who had directed her attention to the Elven Ranger standing guard just across the waters and she takes to the air, landing gracefully only a few feet in front of the warrior. 
"Why, hello there, strapping white-clad Elf," she purrs, arranging her snowy cape, "It seems we have much the same taste in fashion... we are practically in partner look!" 
The outrageous Faerie flashes him her most seductive smile and runs her hands down her near naked torso, before unnecessarily adjusting her cape again....

Arvellon narrows his eyes, glaring with disdain at the brazen Fae, but gestures quickly to his Ranger colleagues to remain at their posts as they begin to approach.
"Quel re, my Lady. You would be wise to depart from here, there have been Drow sightings if you have not heard," the regal Elf utters smoothly.

Evienne gives him a dazzling smile and arranges her lovely features into the picture of alarm before replying smugly, "ooh, Drow sightings, how that sets my heart racing! Only too good that I have found you then, my virile Elven friend... I'm sure you would do anything to protect me from the terror of being ravished by dark forces!"

The Elf lets out an inaudible sigh, continuing evenly, "My brethren and I endeavour to protect all the citizens of these Lands, my Lady. The danger is not unimagined at present and we have little time for Faerie pranks and wiles."
Evienne raises an eyebrow, yet never one to be put off lightly, she coquettishly lowers herself to the ground at Arvellon's feet, gazing up at him artfully, her lips attractively arranged in a pout, "oh, stuff and nonsense, White Elf. Let us begin our... liaison... once again and properly introduce ourselves." 
The impulsive Fae throws him a seductive look from under her lashes and one bejeweled hand rests importantly on her oppulent chest, "I am Evienne duLac, or the Lady of the Lake, if you prefer. My lineage and history is as noble as your own, if not more illustrious and I could be mistaken...," here she pauses, shakes her tresses in negation, then continues, "...no, I am never mistaken... so, I am QUITE certain that a mutual bond would be most beneficial to both of us!"

Arvellon stares down at Evienne, unsure as how to avoid the intimation of the famed Fae without being rude and holds out his hand to her, although his words remain cool, "Rise, my Lady. It is not appropriate that one of your stature parades herself in such a fashion. I am Arvellon, White Elf of Calenhad. It is my duty to protect these Lands and I would advise that you return to the safety of your Otherworld, at least until the Drow threat has been contained."

Evienne's attitude becomes instantaneously icy. She boldly rejects his outstretched hand and with abrupt alacrity, stands upright and moves unexpectantly to settle right behind Arvellon's shoulder, her otherwise sweet voice resonating frostily directly near his ear, "White Elf, you would be wise not to underestimate me. I may appear insipid or vapid to you, but alas, as yet these Lands have not proven to be adequately stocked with creatures of intellectual prowess to match my own. My proposition might have proven mutually... um, let's see... satisfying to us both!?! I have nothing to fear from damnable Drow, my lifespan has seen hordes of these malevolent creatures come and go, and yet, you are too arrogant to consider how fruitful a collaboration between our races could be. That is the fatal flaw of most Elves."

She steps silently away from the suprised Elf and taking once again to the air, hovers at close range, her eyes piercing his with their intensity, "Namárië, Arvellon White Elf, may you be blessed with my presence at a more opportune time and NOT when you are in the direst of need."

And with that passing farewell, the renowned Fae glides elegantly back across the waters and disappears into the myst.

No comments:

Post a Comment